Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uni textbooks = WAAAY overpriced cos the only people who buy them are students...

Hey Jen and Cin and Ax and Bonnie and Anna and goodbye phanan :wave:

edit: Must stop calling Bonnie "Bono"....

:lol: they're the covers that always suck me in too. I'm always reminded of how crappy they are within about 2 minutes of opening them.
Monthly list of mags is
Marie Claire,
In Style,
Madison,
Shop Til You Drop,
Who,
Readers Digest :reject:
occasionally Q or Mojo or some other cool mag but they usually remind me of how out of touch I am. . .

At least it's not Take5 and the other one. :lol: Your list makes me think you're actually quite cool and trendy, if it helps any!

Uni textbooks = WAAAY overpriced cos the only people who buy them are students...

Hey Jen and Cin and Ax and Anna and goodbye phanan :wave:

Hi Ali! :wave:

I've been lucky in that most of what I've had to buy have been course readers as opposed to textbooks, and 1. they are far more interesting and 2. I've been informed that Melbourne University sells them at cost price (though given some of my readers have cost close to $50, I'm not entirely sure about that).

bed beckons. or maybe the hells angels. i dunno. maybe it's the thins i decided to pig out on instead of the honeycombs. either way, i'm off like prawns in the sun, babies!

a fond farewell to you all!
:kiss:

I've been lucky in that most of what I've had to buy have been course readers as opposed to textbooks, and 1. they are far more interesting and 2. I've been informed that Melbourne University sells them at cost price (though given some of my readers have cost close to $50, I'm not entirely sure about that).
Maybe they photocopied it at a library where you have to pay 10c a copy...?

I have had friends that called me that.
Heheh.

If you had a superthready nickname like Axxo and Reggo and Vazza, it would probably be Bonno.

Lucky you don't have one, I guess :D

On the topic of reading, I was aghast when one of the guys I had dinner with on Friday bragged that he hadn't read a book since grade 12 (and is now 23) and thought it was quite a waste of time.

Now, I suppose not everybody is into reading, but to be proud of it? Same chap thinks lowly of university education and told me not to use foreign words like "gnocchi napoli" to describe food. :|

See you, Anna! :wave:

Maybe they photocopied it at a library where you have to pay 10c a copy...?

Hah. Whoever the printing company is that prepares the course readers, they must be pretty slack. History and PolSci readers are rarely available before the second week or semester, even though they should be done the week before we go back.

If you had a superthready nickname like Axxo and Reggo and Vazza, it would probably be Bonno.

Actually, she does: Saddo!

Heheh.

My uncle calls me that, though I think it's just because of the whole Australian nickname thing. Generally I'm just called "Bon", though - which I have no problem with.

Actually, I'd probably prefer you called me Bonno than Bonna.

On the topic of reading, I was aghast when one of the guys I had dinner with on Friday bragged that he hadn't read a book since grade 12 (and is now 23) and thought it was quite a waste of time.

Now, I suppose not everybody is into reading, but to be proud of it? Same chap thinks lowly of university education and told me not to use foreign words like "gnocchi napoli" to describe food. :|

He sounds like a right knob. And what else can you call gnocchi but gnocchi?!

He sounds like a right knob. And what else can you call gnocchi but gnocchi?!

When I described them as little potato things, he responded with "well, why didn't you call it that in the first place?" Yeah, because 'little potato things' tells you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom