Little George Coc'nuts, Pitcairn Island Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #556
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Ohhh yeah!, thanks Serena. You rock.
I'm very impressed. It took me hours to work out how to make and avi. . . . . .and I still haven't nutted out posting pictures, partly due to lack of smarts and partly due to lazyness
__________________

__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
lazyness =
__________________

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #558
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
lazyness =
it's just past 11am here and i'm in my pyjamas. I've had a shower but couldn't decide what to wear and my jammies were right there so . . . .
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #559
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Ohhh yeah!, thanks Serena. You rock.
You're welcome.

It's usually hard to get animated icons down to the right size for here. I have an easier time with LJ icons, but I worked it out!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #560
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnaminson View Post
I'm very impressed. It took me hours to work out how to make and avi. . . . . .and I still haven't nutted out posting pictures, partly due to lack of smarts and partly due to lazyness
It's easy. Upload the said picture to an image hosting site (Photobucket, Imagehack, Tinypic, etc.) and paste the link that contains the "IMG" tags into your post!
Or, you could just take the direct link of the photo and put:
[ IMG]Link here[/ IMG]
*Minus spaces.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #561
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
You're welcome.

It's usually hard to get animated icons down to the right size for here. I have an easier time with LJ icons, but I worked it out!
Yeah, this place is a bit tight with avatars and stuff, i guess its good that it keeps everything nice and neat, and readable (i've been on some other forums where avatars and signatures are out of control)
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnaminson View Post
it's just past 11am here and i'm in my pyjamas. I've had a shower but couldn't decide what to wear and my jammies were right there so . . . .
Sounds like my weekends
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #563
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Yeah, this place is a bit tight with avatars and stuff, i guess its good that it keeps everything nice and neat, and readable (i've been on some other forums where avatars and signatures are out of control)
It's definitely good for people with slower internet like myself. The KB size of an icon obivously dictates how fast it will load, so when you're somewhere that allows a higher limit, more people use that.
I've been to some places that have massive signatures, it's not pretty!

I started making my icons specifically to fit this place and the plus side is it saves some space too!
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #564
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
It's definitely good for people with slower internet like myself. The KB size of an icon obivously dictates how fast it will load, so when you're somewhere that allows a higher limit, more people use that.
I've been to some places that have massive signatures, it's not pretty!

I started making my icons specifically to fit this place and the plus side is it saves some space too!
Oh Yeah, back in my dial up days (2002-2005), This site was still good for me, because of the small avatar size.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #565
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Oh Yeah, back in my dial up days (2002-2005), This site was still good for me, because of the small avatar size.
I'm usually pretty patient with stuff, as long as there's not a ton of pics. I'm basically stuck with dial up for right now but it's not too big of a deal because I don't really download a whole lot or try to watch videos.
I had high speed internet at one time and I hardly ever used youtube.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #566
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Hey folks!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #567
Cin
Blue Crack Addict
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Posts: 21,900
Local Time: 02:08 AM
hey Ax.
__________________
Cin is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #568
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey folks!
Good morning!
How are you?
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #569
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I'm usually pretty patient with stuff, as long as there's not a ton of pics. I'm basically stuck with dial up for right now but it's not too big of a deal because I don't really download a whole lot or try to watch videos.
I had high speed internet at one time and I hardly ever used youtube.
Heheh, I don't know how you live with dial up.

I did once however, download a U2 VCD from the Final Elevation Tour concert that was 2 Cd's of 700mb each.

I have broadband, but rarely go on youtube either. I'm either downloading music/movies or on interference!
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hey folks!
Morning André
__________________

__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com