Listening to Zeppelin/Clash may get you arrested!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsNation

The Fly
Beware...listening to Zeppelin or the Clash may get you arrested.

What's this crazy world coming to?

http://www.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=11047244

This commentary on the incident cracked me up...

The Immigrant Song lyric is threatening, given its status as a terrorist battle cry. A Viking terrorist battle cry, but still a terrorist battle-cry. Of course, the blood-curdling declaration's power to instill fear has declined in recent millennia. Except with non-Zeppelin fans. Of whom, we'll presume, the cabbie is one

Ottawa Sun

Saw this a couple of days ago on BBC. It just goes to show what an atmosphere of fear can do.

A couple of years ago, a Clash tribute band was questioned in the UK for text messaging the lyrics to Tommy Gun. :huh:

this is really very stupid and i will still walk around with my mp3 player and listen to that music and the song and if you want to arrest a 14 year old do it!!!

oh btw they can't arrest you for listening to a song maybe committing something while listening to that song but still i would have to be pretty bad and you wouldn't be in jail for listening to it ether!!

You may think it unfair or ridiculous or stupid, but airport and airline security do NOT joke around anymore. If they feel listening to this specific music can make you a terrorist, so be it--you will be arrested and grounded. They are just doing their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom