Listening to "The Bends" right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was listening to this song (the Bends) the other day. One thing that struck me was the opening line "Where do we go from here?" reminders me of a line in October, I forget which song though.

financeguy said:
I was listening to this song (the Bends) the other day. One thing that struck me was the opening line "Where do we go from here?" reminders me of a line in October, I forget which song though.

With A Shout.

Two Radiohead threads on page one :drool:

We don't have any real friends.

Dalton said:
joyfulgirl, I love your avatar.

Really? I was thinking I should take a poll to see if everyone's over it already and that maybe a change is overdue. But I've been too lazy to pick out a new one so I'm glad somebody still likes it. :)

yeah, there's a great video floating around the net of the band playing this song on the jooles holland show back in like 96 or whatever. it's great, best video of jonny showcasing his rather reckless guitar playing you'll ever find...

After seeing them play it live, 'The bends' is one of my favourite Radiohead songs. The strobelights timed with the guitar was unreal :drool: . I'm surprised no one had a seizure!

elevation2u said:
the only "old" song they played when i saw them live was Just..
:drool:

It wasn't really old at the time. The only time I've ever seen them live was when they were touring for 'OK Computer' so most of 'The Bends' stuff was still in the set list. 'Just' was excellent also, but 'The Bends' performance really stands out in my memory.

I saw the Kid A/Amnesiac tour and Hail to the Thief tours. Between both concerts, I think I got four Bends songs (Fake Plastic Trees, My Iron Lung, Just and Street Spirit). Not too bad.

I also saw them when they opened for REM on the Monster tour. Of course I was too stupid to listen to all the Bends-era stuff they were playing. I just wanted to hear Creep (which they still played at the time) and then get the hell off the stage. :mad:

I wish I could I be happy,

I wish that something would happen.

.............I like Radiohead in all of their forms, but I really want another The Bends. One of my all time favorites. I guess it's like U2 fans wanting another Joshua Tree (which ironically, annoys me to no end).

Back
Top Bottom