Listen To The New Ryan Adams Album Online Before It Is Released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got my copy last night!!!! :)

P.S. I really like Slyvia Plath, but I like Nobody Girl even more...:wink:

Yeah, I was just reading the Pitchfork review at a Ryan site.

Oh well...can't please 'em all!

I, on the otherhand...............:heart:

yar, I echo BC's "can't please them all" comment

but I can't help but wonder what record this man has been listening to :|

but perhaps I'm not objective since I just can't understand how anyone could dismiss this man's songwriting skills and great vocals

well, after a few listens, I still like this album, but I always find myself longing for the Heartbreaker sound......

still good stuff....:up:

Yeah, I agree with EP. I like it, and he probably would have had a problem with motony if he stuck with his previous sound, but I still feel like that suits him better. :shrug: Oh well. I DO like his new album(s) though, just not as much.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Try to buy it at an independent store if you can. I don't think any major chains are, but three local store around here have the album for 12 bucks and the EP for 99 cents with purchase of LLOR DNA KCOR.

I know I'm totally late, but oh well...

I also got that deal from my local independent store, and was so excited because I heard so much about Love Is Hell. I actually like Love Is Hell better than LLOR DNA KCOR, but they are both pretty good.

I'm going to be persnickety and cranky for a moment, though, and say that I do kind of miss the country influence in Ryan's music. This is more of a straight rock record, and it's good, but I think I got more into the Heartbreaker-era songs like "To Be Young (Is to be sad...)" and "Shakedown on 9th Street." But, ya know, people develop.

Still, though, does anyone else feel this way?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I've had all 3 since October. :wink:

I had copies that weren't exactly legal for quite awhile...*cough*...but I gotta get the official stuff, ya know?

I am so happy to see "Hotel Chelsea Nights", "Thank You, Louise", and "I See Monsters" getting a proper release. I've heard those on bootlegs, and I just loved them so much.

haven't heard Love is Hell #2 yet
but based on #1 I really need to say that there must be some really fucked up people at Lost Highway that they didn't want to release Love is Hell as his new album

bunch of nutcases

At least this way we got lloR N kcoR as well, so I mayhaps it's better that way. :D

I think they were nuts to reject it though...this is some fine work.

Back
Top Bottom