Listen To My Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonojr62

Refugee
Alright guys... I need some honest opinions we are the one of the only rock bands in the small town I live in so naturally a majority of people like us. So I need you all to check out my bands song
"stuck outside" and I need HONEST Opinions on what everyone thinks. Thanks a lot. Oh yeah by the way I'm on the guitar for this song.

you can hear the song @ www.myspace.com/zambonirocks

The singer has a really hard time staying in key.

And the acoustic keeps sliding out of time.

Keep at it! Practice makes perfect.:wink:

you should change the "Sounds Like Nothing you've ever heard before." part of your profile to read "Sounds Like: every other off-key singer with an acoustic guitar"

based on that one song, anyway.

The one thing I've learned about being in a band is that negative criticisim stings. But one thing I've learned from being in a band for a long while is that you learn from the truth.

Truth is guitar is OK but timing is off. Vocals suck.

Don't get me wrong with practice you can become better. I use to get awful feedback on my vocals. Now I get write-ups saying the vocals are the reason to come see the show.

I stuck with it, I fought hard, and now people in a city where I've only lived for a short while are publishing short little blips about me.

Keep at it!!!

I actually like the tune. The singer sounds like he's not trying hard enough, though. He has potential, I think... but needs more practice so he can at least stay on key. lol. I really liked the guitar work for the most part although, you were late on some notes.

High School band? The song is ok.....as stated above I feel there is potential here. Practice makes perfect. The vocals were weak. Keep up the good work tho! :wink:

IWasBored said:
you should change the "Sounds Like Nothing you've ever heard before." part of your profile to read "Sounds Like: every other off-key singer with an acoustic guitar"

based on that one song, anyway.

damn, that's harsh...:lmao: but sort of true.

I like the guitar pretty well. The guitar sorta drowns out the mediocre vocals - which, hey, that's what I do too :wink: but I play guitar first and foremost, I don't consider myself a vocalist, I need to find myself a singer. If this guy is your lead singer and isn't doing anything else, he should probably try to be a little more assertive, more confident, and more...well...on key.

Definitely potential. Don't let criticism get you down, just keep playing, keep improving, never quit, word life.

i wonder if I should post my music... :hmm:

i'm going to be honest, I can't believe you listened to that track and decided to inflict it upon the rest of us with those vocals on it...! Those are bloody dire.

You should try and find someone else to sing, unless he learns how to control his voice, he goes far too off key sometimes and it's just painful to listen to.

Alright we have a new song called "Overdose" if anyone is willing to give us another chance its on the site i posted above. This one is Pg-13 so you might not want little ones in the room.

If the average age of your friends is any indication, you guys are the little ones. Got your driver's licenses yet?

the singing is better on that one. the singer [if it's the same one] sounds better when he's not trying to hit notes that are obviously out of his range and sounding like a moron as a result!

the guitars are just falling out of time, a lot. keep practicing though :up:

Back
Top Bottom