List Your Broken Bones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
So I broke my wrist yesterday. First time I ever broke a bone. I can't believe how much pain I'm in even on the pain meds. Anyhow, please let me know if you ever broke any and how was your experience. Anyone know how long can I expect to be in severe pain?

Sorry about your wrist. When I was in high school--my parents bought me a brand new Mustang for graduation. I didn't have that car for 4 months until I wrapped it around a tree. I had my boyfriend (now husband) with me and he didn't even get a scratch. But the engine came in on me--my back was broken in 3 places, my pelvis, right foot 3 bones, torn ligaments in both arms & other foot, plus many cuts & bruises. I am lucky to be walking today--but with the help of great doctors & doing exactly what I was told, I did recover and have not had any pain. Sorry to go on so much. Good luck with your recovery. After a couple weeks--it shouldn't hurt so bad--it just becomes a nuisance.

No broken bones but one concussion from slamming into the boards at about 25 miles an hour while ice skating.

Ouch, Schmeg. Same with Bono's Doll's story. And here's hoping your wrist heals quickly, ZOOTB.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Zero. True story.

Ditto. And I intend to keep it that way. I've had some nasty spills, though-Schmeg's ice story reminds me of the time when I was a kid-I and some other kids were playing on this thing of ice at recess, and some kid slammed into me from behind and I fell and hit my head on the ice.

Yeah. That kinda hurt.

Shame my sister and dad don't come here, though-they could share numerous stories with you (my sister broke her wrist a few years back, too-she'd fallen off a trampoline).

Angela

I have never broken a bone.

Although possibly my pinky toe, because it bends sideways :uhoh:

maybe one--i'm not sure if i broke or just badly sprained my pinky toe once. i'm an accident waiting to happen, so it's amazing that i haven't seriously injured myself.

hope your wrist feels better soon.

pain meds... :drool:

Fracture (does that still count :shrug: ?) of left third toe

Possible break/fracture of my left middle finger - and, no! not for flipping somebody the bird, :lol: ! Had to have happened as an infant/young child because I've got no memory of it. But there's no doubt in my mind because of the way it's bent & twisted that there was some trauma there!

Here's to your quick recovery, ZOOTB!! :up: :hug:

Ouch Tony...hope the wrist heals quickly and completely.

As for me, never any broken bones but I did have the (dis)pleasure of dislocating my kneecap twice...talk about a gruesome injury.

let's see here

broke my right leg in 3 places at once
broke my wrist on a slide when some dumbass huge girl decided to come down on me
broke 4 different fingers
fractured my kneecap
fractured my elbow
fractured both ankles

hockey :up:

broke ankle playing basketball years ago
broke my hand punching a chair (Hello anger management:wink: )

when my wife was growing up, she broke so many bones (once broke her left wrist and 6 weeks later broke the other wrist) that in the hospital the doctors pulled her aside from her father and asked her if he abuses her.....true story....and no, he didn't beat her.:wink:

I fractured my hard palate (the bone that runs along the top of your mouth--if you press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, the hardness is the hard palate) in a gymnastics accident. The doctors thought it might heal on its own, but almost eight years after the accident, I finally had to get a bone graft to really put it back together the way it was supposed to be.

I also had to get two teeth completely replaced, but that's another story.

paxetaurora said:
I fractured my hard palate (the bone that runs along the top of your mouth--if you press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, the hardness is the hard palate) in a gymnastics accident.

*Winces*...do I really want to hear the story behind that injury?

Originally posted by paxetaurora
The doctors thought it might heal on its own, but almost eight years after the accident, I finally had to get a bone graft to really put it back together the way it was supposed to be.

Lovely. :|.

See some of you broke bones playing basketball or hockey. 90% of my dad's broken bones came from football.

Ah, sports...

Angela

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Zero. True story.

Me too. I wasn't much of a tomboy, and despite my rough life (school, relationships) I still have none:huh: *knocks wood*

I haven't broken any bones but I have dislocated several.

*My elbow (can't remember which, I was 4)
*My right shoulder (I can't throw anymore and baseball's my fave sport)
*Both hips, though the dislocation of the right one was worse.

I have extremely loose joints and if I ever redislocate my right shoulder I have to have surgery....:ohmy:

I broke my left wrist when I was 11 or 12, and broke my ankle, which had to be rebroken and have multiple surgeries on when I was 19.

Back
Top Bottom