List of songs with particularly long titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got_edge

Refugee
The winner:
  • Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me At 11:00 On Friday Morning To Tell Me That 1:00 Friday Afternoon You Were Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail A Cab, To Go Out To The Airport, To Catch A Plane, To Go Skiing In The Alps For Two Weeks. Not That I Wanted To Go With You; I Wasn't Able To Leave Town, I'm Not A Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You To Pay My Way, But After Going Out With You For Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises. (A Musical Apology)

Christine Lavin

I can say that three times - really fast!

[the rest]

there's some japanese post-rock band that sounds like explosions in the sky, and they have terribly long song titles. te? i forget the names of the songs, and i'm not even sure that's the name of the band.

And i was about to say how long i thought hold me thrill me kiss me kill me was..:ohmy:

IWasBored said:
there's some japanese post-rock band that sounds like explosions in the sky, and they have terribly long song titles. te? i forget the names of the songs, and i'm not even sure that's the name of the band.

Mono? World's End Girlfriend?

none have real long titles in their songs

Jack In The Box said:

Mono? World's End Girlfriend?

none have real long titles in their songs

no, i think it was just "te". only with a little accent thingie over the e that i don't know how to type. unfortunatly, i get nothing when i allmusic.com them. and last.fm is no great help either (http://www.last.fm/music/Te'). maybe if i remember tomorrow when i'm at the radio station, i'll look at the cd and check the song titles.

I know, it's not a song, but this should get some honorable mention:

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King/What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight/And He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring/There's No Body To Batter When Your Mind is Your Might/So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand/And Remember That Depth is the Greatest of Heights/And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land/And If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.

:wink:

IWasBored said:

no, i think it was just "te". only with a little accent thingie over the e that i don't know how to type. unfortunatly, i get nothing when i allmusic.com them. and last.fm is no great help either (http://www.last.fm/music/Te'). maybe if i remember tomorrow when i'm at the radio station, i'll look at the cd and check the song titles.

:hmm: none of my post-rock sources have information about that band, I have to check it

watch, you'll hear the music and in your infinitly greater knowledge of post-rock, tell me that they actually sound nothing like explosions in the sky. :shifty:

65daysofstatic, mogwai, explosions in the sky. that's all i know, and i don't really know them too well.

haha, don't be mean with me

"infinitly greater knowledge"... no way! still, I have to check this band

you know a shitload more than i do about the genre. all of it kind of blends together for me, i need more pop hooks or something. i'm simple-minded like that. too much post-rock in one sitting bores me, even if i enjoy it.

mean? no, i save that for the idiots who come in when i'm at work, look at my ipod/speaker set up, ask what i'm listening to, and then go "OMG!! really? are you sure?? i've never heard of them before!!!" :der:

té - if this is what is being thought, liberated sound talks the depth of musical world

1. it must be called intelligence if people stop when they realize they are not able to become what they are wishing to be
2. a thought would never let people watch what they chose. instead, it let them see what they hope to see.

there are more, they're all kind of like that. too much work to type out all 12 tracks.

IWasBored said:
you know a shitload more than i do about the genre. all of it kind of blends together for me, i need more pop hooks or something. i'm simple-minded like that. too much post-rock in one sitting bores me, even if i enjoy it.

mean? no, i save that for the idiots who come in when i'm at work, look at my ipod/speaker set up, ask what i'm listening to, and then go "OMG!! really? are you sure?? i've never heard of them before!!!" :der:

haha, I know...

and also know that post-rock sometimes can be boring, maybe you should try with its little brother: math rock, it's much more about riffs and such... anyway

I use to be mean with that kind of people in the school, ha!

Back
Top Bottom