Lisa Lopes (Left-Eye from TLC) Documentary - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:45 AM
Lisa Lopes (Left-Eye from TLC) Documentary

Did anyone else see this? I just caught it on VH1. Wow...

The common knowledge is she was messed up in the head. She burned down Andre Rison's house etc. If you saw this, you definately saw she was a lot more than just that. Sure she had her issues, which they show and she talks about. But man, getting to the end of that documentary, you see a totally different woman.

And it talks about how she felt a spirit was sort of chasing her or haunting her. Days before her death in the car accident, she even said she felt it coming. They even showed the crash itself, though it was cut short, which I was happy for. I don't want/need to see that ever.

She was a beautiful woman. The documentary showed a different side to her, which was the point. She wanted to show us who she was.

Did anyone else see this?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I caught part of it... Kelly had been watching it when I got home Sunday from a trip to Raleigh. I saw enough to wish I'd had time to see the whole thing. Any idea when/if it will air again?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 10:45 AM
I saw parts of it too....and I did see a totally different side to Lisa that I never saw before!

She is such a unique person to the music world.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
War Child

I saw the documentary as well. It was great! I had never seen that side of her and the documentary was so personal. It was very eerie when they showed part of the car crash, very intense. It was a great documentary.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I saw that a couple of weeks ago. The last half hour or so was intense. The car crash was just surreal.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:45 AM
I don't think I've seen that particular one, but I did see something with T-Boz and Chilli and they were saying how she really had changed and become really spiritual and, as a result, TLC just wasn't a high priority for Left-Eye in her last days.

That's why the last album took so long to record, because Left-Eye was always leaving the sessions to pursue her spiritual journey.

I know it took all 3 of them to have the right chemistry, but Left-Eye's parts were always the most disposable for me. Now T-Boz and Chilli Their vocals are what really made me like that group!

Creep, Silly 'Ho and Red Light Special
Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
I don't think I've seen that particular one, but I did see something with T-Boz and Chilli and they were saying how she really had changed and become really spiritual and, as a result, TLC just wasn't a high priority for Left-Eye in her last days.

That's why the last album took so long to record, because Left-Eye was always leaving the sessions to pursue her spiritual journey.

I know it took all 3 of them to have the right chemistry, but Left-Eye's parts were always the most disposable for me. Now T-Boz and Chilli Their vocals are what really made me like that group!
Yup, if you get a chance to see the special, you will see and understand all of this. It really was incredible. I am still affected after a few days.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm going to have to watch this. TLC was pretty big in my childhood. It was the first time I noticed that people were making new music instead of just listening to '80s music on repeat.
I saw the crash clip on YouTube though. Terrifying stuff.