linkin park suck//

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salome said:
maybe I just don't get their music :hmm:

:laugh: :lmao:

I have always hated them. That song "In the End" or something would have possiblities if it were done in a non rapmetal way, no rap chanting and shit. Overall, I have not liked them, can't stand them, their stage antics and stomping around is lame, Chester is butt ugly (sorry) he can't sing, has to have the other guy take parts that aren't screaming, generally, they suck. I consider them a slight step up from Limp Bizkit but that's not saying much! :tsk:

I think that they have a very closed style... I don't like them very much, but i don't hate them i mean... i learned that i don't have to hate the music that i don't like just because there are some people who doesn't like the music i hear and I have no problems with that ...

but I like their last video "breaking the habit"... great animation..

I'm with you, zoogirl. I don't care much for Linkin Park, but I've decided that I don't absolutely despise them either. I actually quite like their song "Faint" and liked the concept for one of their more recent videos (can't remember the title of the song). I can see why they appeal to so many people; they just don't happen to be my style for the most part.

Also, I don't think Chester is "butt ugly." Sure, it's nice when band members are easy on the eyes, but when it comes down to the music, looks should be irrelevant.

But when they're ugly and they suck, it doesn't help;)

When I say 'hate' it only means I don't like to listen to their songs or watch their videos. I'm not sitting around planning any vendattas against them, I really don't even give them a second thought until a thread like this comes up, so don't bash me.

Last edited:
I like them. I'm not going to rush out and buy their albums any time soon, but I'll listen to them if they're on the radio. They're harmless and their music is harmless, I dont get the the problem.

I honestly think most people CANNOT realize that just because they personally dont care for something doesnt mean that it is inherently BAD. ALL music (or any other type of art or enterntainment) is 100% personal opinion. If you like it, awesome. If you dislike it, that's great too. I dont get the need to try to force your personal opinions on others that way. Get over yourselves.

what mofo said to a certain extent.

my problem with linkin park is that, in singapore at least, where they're huge, their audience comprises whiny teenagers. i don't know if i qualify for whiny teenager-hood, but personally, i find the brooding brigade very annoying. 90% of the time they're magnifying small, solvable problems because they like to wallow in self-pity, and their music of choice is linkin park because it helps them do that. it's something i've experienced personally and after a few months' reflection i've been pretty ashamed because it's just foolish behaviour.

other than that i could care less about them, because as mofo said, 100% personal opinion.

u2popmofo said:
I like them. I'm not going to rush out and buy their albums any time soon, but I'll listen to them if they're on the radio. They're harmless and their music is harmless, I dont get the the problem.

I honestly think most people CANNOT realize that just because they personally dont care for something doesnt mean that it is inherently BAD. ALL music (or any other type of art or enterntainment) is 100% personal opinion. If you like it, awesome. If you dislike it, that's great too. I dont get the need to try to force your personal opinions on others that way. Get over yourselves.

If you haven't read this, or yertle's comment, read it again now.

Read the previous unbolded statement

For our Pleban dignitaries:

~~OMG READ STUFF ^ THERE~~~

!!!

I think technically speaking they are a sound band but unfortunately i cannot relate to their lyrical content because I am not a confused teenager. I could see how young kids might relate to their lyrics.

This isn't a fucking Linkin Park board! I also say Chris Martin is ugly (and can't sing, and I have been bashed many times for it!) but I would not ever say it on a Coldplay board. That's trolling. If I was on a Linkin Park forum and started a thread saying Chester was ugly, I'd expect to be bashed and rightfully so. But I wouldn't do it. One thing I agree with U2girl on is that negative threads about a band or a band member on a site devoted to them is not cool.

And to the person who said to 'get over yourselves'- so you may like this band, but what about Creed? If I told you to 'get over yourself' for not liking Creed, you'd be pissed. What about Garth Brooks? We all have our own tastes, and saying something 'sucks' does not mean it's bad, it means WE don't personally like it. So get over it. I do, however, believe all rapmetal bands to be inferior musically and talent wise to most other types of bands. For example, I dislike DMB but can respect their talent and musicanship. I can't do that with rapmetal.

Last edited:
How about anyone who dislikes or hates a certain band, takes a little breather and ignores these threads or at least use some common restraint and hold back a bit on the vehemence of your criticisms. Anyone who might like the bands which get bashed, be a little thick skinned and remind yourselves that it doesn't really matter at ALL what Member X thinks...

you know who blows? Nickelback and all their crony-wanna be bands that have tormented the radiowaves for so long.

u2popmofo said:

I'd have to disagree with you 100% on that.

Oh come on. "Sucks" is a common and general term of expressing dislike, it has become part of pop culture and I'd say more than one language. Get real, whoever goes around saying "personally I do not care for band X though I am sure they have their merits and there is nothing wrong with the fans who enjoy them and they are not a bad band at all it's only that I do not enjoy them"

:rolleyes:

"Sucks" is a lot easier. Shaun doesn't like Linkin Park. I don't like Linkin Park. As Angela said, WHO CARES? :shrug:

Angela Harlem said:
How about anyone who dislikes or hates a certain band, takes a little breather and ignores these threads or at least use some common restraint and hold back a bit on the vehemence of your criticisms. Anyone who might like the bands which get bashed, be a little thick skinned and remind yourselves that it doesn't really matter at ALL what Member X thinks...

I agree :up:

But doing a Freud thing, I'm going to try to give a theory here based on my experience on the board for the last 3 years.

I think it somehow goes deeper, like, if somebody likes something and someone says they hate it, it's like they take it as a personal insult, a wounding of their inner child! Back when there used to be a lot of Pop fights, some people actually said that insulting something they like so much, insulting their personal opinion, was the same as insulting them personally! I have even seen people post that to insult a band, or even an album by a band, is the same as insulting the fans who like it! Could that be what it is? That some people, even subconsciously, take it personally like that?

I also don't get it when people jump in to lecture on how it's bad to say bands 'suck' and you 'hate' them, yet, they will do the same to another band :huh: Double standards abound!

The only thing I have a problem with personally is the assumption or open comments that a person is 'stupid' or somehow lacking in intellect if they do not agree with someone's opinion of a band or album. Now THAT is personally insulting! But again, it might go back to the thing where the person is insuliting the other person for insulting them through their 'opinion' so if they trash the 'opinion' of the one who doesn't like it, they are superior again and can maintain self esteem?

But it's all so lame. It's all music, and we all have different tastes. Ever notice, nobody ever does this over food? When you go out to the Golden Corral with somebody, and you pick up the fish and your lunch companion says no thanks, they don't like it, and picks up the Salisbury steak, why does nobody ever feel personally wounded about their 'opinion' over that? When you're ordering a pizza and want peppers, but your friend doesn't like peppers and asks you to leave them off her half, do you get offended? Let it be that way with music! It's all just a buffet of sounds with so much to choose from!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom