linkin park suck//

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like Linkin Park. I think their songs all sound the same. In my opinion, it's the same rapping sequence followed by the guy who screechs. :|

U2Kitten said:
One thing I agree with U2girl on is that negative threads about a band or a band member on a site devoted to them is not cool.

Why am I suddenly mentioned in all this?

I don't like every band that is mentioned on this board but I think saying "they suck" is the answer I'd expect from a frustrated, angry teenager, not a mature, adult person. (goes for the POP/ATYCLB debates too) Use arguments and debate, don't just blindly attack.

None of us are (well, probably) music experts or critics so technically we're really in no position to debate whether a band is good or bad strictly musically speaking.
All we CAN do is say whether we like them or not, or don't care for them either way. (I don't see what looks of the band/singer have to do with liking the band either)

Personally I don't care either way about Linkin Park. And I don't recall saying about a band "they suck" or calling anyone stupid for not liking a band or album.
However, saying "i hate this band" in a webpage where you know there's a healthy dose of supporters of that particular band may not be a good idea. Especially if you do it on several occasions. Surprise surprise, fans of a band can take the bashing of their fave band seriously.

Last edited:
Although you are right about the thing that personal opinion is what defines the music today, but I believe that an objective parameter does exist. That bad music can be recognized. Good music too. There are differences in quality. Linkin park have nothing. They are a band without charisma, originality(all songs sound the same). Their song structure is banal and without that annoying synthesizer in the background, they don't have their own sound. And they are shitty live. So, this is a band that mostly does bad music. I think that most of you will agree with me.
Or is this just my personal opinion...

The thing about LP is that they're a management- assembled "boy band" just like N'Sync et al., just marketed to the nu-metal crowd rather than the teenyboppers. Keep that in mind and suddenly you understand their place in today's music more clearly...

That said, a few of their songs have caught my attention from time to time on the radio... but the angry 15-year-old I used to be is the one who would have bought the albums... one song in particular almost perfectly describes my life some 20 years ago and it has the temerity to share a name with a song by U2. Sigh.

I don't hate them... but yes, their songs are the same thing

just I find annoying the attitude of "I'm a rebel boy", I don't know in USA, but here, teenagers who listen to LP believe themselves as "bad guys in opposition to the established"... bah

is the attitude, not the music... LP's music doesn't matter for me

u2popmofo said:
I honestly think most people CANNOT realize that just because they personally dont care for something doesnt mean that it is inherently BAD. ALL music (or any other type of art or enterntainment) is 100% personal opinion. If you like it, awesome. If you dislike it, that's great too. I dont get the need to try to force your personal opinions on others that way.

Thank you. :applaud: :up:.

Anywho, Linkin Park-I personally can't get into them much. They just don't really do anything for me. But more power to those of you who do like them. :).

"In The End" is an okay song, though-I like the piano bit. :yes:.

Angela

Personally I despise any and every form of rap. Linkin Park are in that general genre, but theyre not the worst by a long way. I still dislike them though

I don't want to break out the Haterade on Linkin Park because I don't have enough exposure to them other than their singles/videos to have an adequate argument against them. I don't care for their music mainly because I don't like to mix my rock with my rap. Making goth-inspired music containing a rapper is a little too much of a stretch for me and my ears. That's pretty much the entirety of my feelings on this subject. :shrug:

I don't like the little I've heard of Linkin Park, but they don't grate on my nerves that much because it's pretty easy for me to avoid them. I don't watch MTV anymore and the radio stations where I live don't seem to play them that much (probably because we don't have a "new rock" or "modern rock" station).

linkin park and music it's not the right binomial, music is something, linkin park something else, everything but music!like all the other new metal bands who really sucks, i'm a real metal fan, what's this new metal?!?!? :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

take the rap part out and it still suxs.!!!

whats up with the guitarist. is he too cool for an earpiece(thoes huge headphones) his guitar tone suxs and... wait does he even play the guitar.
limp bizkit, LP, ALL so called hard rock bands suck like, staind, slip knot, system of a down(fucked up music) all suck! yp these are all mtv bands.
on the other hand their is good music comming form UK.

shaun vox said:
my opinion LP SUCK!

if you like it good for you:huh:
to others.... do not be scared to tell whats on your mind !

You're right! But I am scared, because when I say what's on my mind, I get attacked and bashed every time. If I say I don't like a band (hate, suck, dislike, whatever!) I get bashed and lectured on how everyone has their own opinion. Yet, when someone else bashes a band and I take up for the band and their fans, I get bashed and lectured on how those who bash the band have a right to their opinion!! :banghead: So, it seems everyone, positive or negative, has a right to their opinion, except Michelle/U2Kitten:sigh:

originally posted by Shaun Vox
limp bizkit, LP, ALL so called hard rock bands suck like, staind, slip knot, system of a down(fucked up music) all suck! yp these are all mtv bands.

I agree! But of course I'll be bashed now and lectured on how everyone has their own opinion! But thanks for having the guts to say it, I'm glad someone can get away with it! :happy:

there is a lesson somewhere in here for all of us

my personal lesson is that I should start drinking hard liquor tuesday afternoons if I want to get through the week be there Linkin Park playing on the radio or not

so i was playing trivial pursuit dvd pop culture once and they asked what linkin park was called before they were linkin park, and thanks to hours of mtv's "100 best..." i knew the answer...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom