Lindsay Lohan Enters Rehab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Lindsay Lohan has checked into rehab. "I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health," she said in a statement Wednesday, according to TMZ.com. "I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

In December, a rep for the 20-year-old actress told PEOPLE that her client was attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Later that month, Lohan revealed that she had been in AA for a year, and said she generally feels better when she's not drinking.

"I was going out too much and I knew that, and I have more to live for than that," she told PEOPLE.

Prior to December, however, Lohan dismissed critics who said she was partying too often. In November, she told Oprah Winfrey that she is not a party girl, adding, "Is it a crime to go dancing with your friends?"

Over the summer, James G. Robinson, CEO of Morgan Creek Productions blasted the star for being absent from the set of her movie Georgia Rule and blamed her "heavy partying" for the behavior.

Lohan's mother Dina quickly shot back, saying the media mogul was "way out of line." Lohan was briefly hospitalized at the time for being "overheated and dehydrated," according to her rep.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20008812,00.html

I hope this helps her. I used to have a big soft spot for her, and I'd like to have that soft spot back!

She's like a car crash of a 40-something actress, except 20 years younger. Was her mother like this?

Canadiens1160 said:
She's like a car crash of a 40-something actress, except 20 years younger. Was her mother like this?

Was? I think she IS like this. Her mom's like some horrid enabler, if you believe what they say.

Canadiens1160 said:

living around the corner from her mother she was the popular girl and was a model, not alot of partying to do around here. She later became a Rockette.

My son plays basketball with Lindseys brother on occasion. You never see the mom. He comes with someone else.

There's a Lohan brother, too? I hope he gets to stay out of show biz and be a normal kid. (As normal as you can be when your sister's on the cover of the tabloids every other week.)

I like Lindsay, and I hope she gets better too. And I do agree about her mom being an enabler. She seems to revel too much in her daughter's fame, and embarrasses herself in public all the time because she thinks she's special too. At least here in New York she does.

It's so sad how these young celebrities start the rehab route so early in their lives. I hope she gets herself together and makes better choices for her personal life and career if and when she cleans herself up.

Back
Top Bottom