Lindsay Lohan Attending AA Meetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:scratch: i know anonymity is hard when you're the front page on all the tabloids, but doesn't the second A stand for anonymous? am i missing something here?

I thought the interview with her mom about it on tmz.com was hilarious:

Mom Dina chose not to comment on reports of Paris hitting Lindsay, however, she did reveal that Lindsay has been attending AA meetings. She claims that a lot of Lindsay's friends are members and "It's a positive thing" for La Lohan.

So her mom thinks it's great for a bunch of 20 year olds to be alcoholics? :huh:

Re: Re: Lindsay Lohan Attending AA Meetings

Doozer61 said:

AA only requires a DESIRE to stop drinking :|

My comment wasnt meant to be offensive, Doozer. I realize that it only requires a desire. I suppose I should have worded it differently. I just was surprised since she still seems to be in party mode and was concerned as to whether or not she was minimizing her potential problem and whether or not it was more serious than even she may know. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth.

She was photographed wearing a 90 days sober AA chip last month, and she just said in an interview yesterday, "of course I'm going to drink." :huh: I don't think she takes it very seriously.

^
That is really, really fucked up to me. My mom is in AA and those things actually mean something to her. It means she didn't fucking drink alcohol when she said she wasn't drinking alcohol. A desire to drink is one thing, I know plenty of people who have attended AA with my mom that have started out with that and ended up with a new life style. She's making a mockery of a program that really does help some people and she should be ashamed of herself, which I know is asking way to much of a celebrity. Some people will do anything for publicity. :tsk:

Re: Re: Re: Lindsay Lohan Attending AA Meetings

starsgoblue said:

My comment wasnt meant to be offensive, Doozer. I realize that it only requires a desire. I suppose I should have worded it differently. I just was surprised since she still seems to be in party mode and was concerned as to whether or not she was minimizing her potential problem and whether or not it was more serious than even she may know. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth.

No problem, I was just clarifying.

90% of my friends are in AA and I have been around it so much for the last 10 years. She is making a complete mockery of it but until she is ready to quit, it will continue to be a problem.

Yea, I understand the mockery part. My roomate last year basically copped out and told her parents she was an alchoholic and needed to go to AA because she put tons of charges on thier credit card and couldn't deal with free ride to college and slept all day and dropped out without telling them and expected someone (mainly me) to take care of her 24/7. Her parents let it all slide because they thought she truly needed the help. And she then used AA meetings like in "Fight Club"....she just went to try and get friends because everyone else (including me) was disgusted and fed up by her irresponsibility at that point. :| Alchoholism is no joke.

Last edited:
She's a dumb ho. I would have hit it during the Parent Trap era, but now she's a skanky dumb ho.

I have people in my life who are dealing with alcohol problems and I think it's sickening that anyone would make a mockery out of AA. This is something that should be taken seriously! Doesn't this girl think it's time to grow up?

If she's actually been going she must not be listening very well. I mean it's not THAT difficult to understand the basic concept of what alcoholism is- ie not being able to handle "social drinking"

you can't exactly have a 90 day chip if you've been drinking within the 90 days. :scratch:

^I guess, I mean if you agree that most alcoholics are always alcoholics I'd think it's better to get help earlier rather than later after you've screwed everything and everyone else around you in the process. I know a woman who went into AA at 20 or 21 and she's stuck with it and has been very successful with a career and a family, and her kids haven't ever had to put up with any of that shit.
:shrug:

I'm not shocked that she's a heavy drinker at 20. Most of the 20 year olds I knew when I was 20 were. I even was. Perhaps Lindsay is in it because it makes her look less like a pathetic twit and more like someone who wants to take control of her life and career and is destined for better things.

I think she's making a mockery of it because she cares as much about AA as Britney did about her Pepsi sponsorship when she had it. :shrug:

VertigoGal said:

you can't exactly have a 90 day chip if you've been drinking within the 90 days. :scratch:

You shouldn't, but you apparently, it does happen. AA just trusts that the person is telling the truth.

Star Magazine this week claims she recently survived a drug overdose. Not the greatest source, but they turn out to be accurate about some items. I certainly hope that's not true, you wouldn't believe what they claimed she had for drugs. Lots of prescription stuff and I believe cocaine as well. They had photos of her with cuts all over her wrists and speculate that she is cutting herself, they did look like those types of cuts. I hope she can get help if she is really suffering from all these problems.

She really needs to lay off the drugs. :crack:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12072006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm
December 7, 2006 -- LINDSAY Lohan is preparing to clean up her image and go to war with the media with the help of a high-powered friend - former Vice President Al Gore.

"Al Gore will help me. He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me," Lohan wrote last week in a rambling, semi-literate e-mail to her friends and lawyers.

In the bizarre message read by Page Six, Lohan burbled, "If he is willing to help me, let's find out. Hilary [sic] Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Evan Metroplis [sic], and John Daur who works with them would be willing, if we just ask. If we just ASK."

Lohan was apparently inspired to send out the e-mail by a Page Six item on her "mean girls diva fit" at a GQ magazine party in L.A. Referring to a supermarket tabloid report claiming she had overdosed on drugs, she wrote, "Let's sue the tabloids for saying the things they say. Defamation of character."

Invoking what she puzzlingly calls the "way of the future-Howard Hughes," her desire is to "release a politically/morally correct, fully adequite [sic] letter to the press."

Lohan says she wants to state her opinions on "how our society should be educated for the better of our country. Our people . . . because I have such an impact on our younger generations, as well as generations older than me. Which we all know and can obviously see."

Lohan then mentions taking a mystery person she refers to as "LR" to court for "what she's done to me.

"It's my life. I want to live it. People cannot lie and think that it is okay to continue on having done so. I have had many ups and downs, as do we all. But to make false accusations to one girl is unjust in my opinion. I am willing to do anything I need to get my life the way it should be."

Lohan said she wanted to "hold a press conference" and "will do anything necessary to do so." She said she is at "such a young and tender age in a woman's life. It's enough already, I've had enough and I am going to be the one to make a change."

Lohan's representative, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, had no comment.

Slate has the e-mail

lohan_g.jpg

I am so sick of Lindsay Lohan.

:down:

I hate celebs who get more publicity for their personal lives than their career.

Oh wait, that covers EVERY celebrity.

Fuck Entertainment Tonight. Fuck the Insider. Fuck US Weekly. Fuck the E Channel.

FUCK POP CULTURE.

I guess the real question is, Who in Lord's name gives a shit what Lohan thinks or says? How can she be in AA, when we all know she's attending these meetings?

Back
Top Bottom