Limp Bizkit, Creed voted worst bands of 2003. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Limp Bizkit, Creed voted worst bands of 2003.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Limp Bizkit, which suffered slow sales of its long-awaited new album, has been named worst band of the year by readers of Guitar World magazine.

Creed, another act that draws sharp reactions, came in at No. 2 even though the Christian combo took the year off. New York rockers the Strokes were No. 3, followed by "all pop-punk bands" at No. 4 and pop-punk band Good Charlotte at No. 5.

Limp Bizkit's "Results May Vary" has sold one million copies after 13 weeks, and ranks No. 64 on the U.S. pop charts. Its previous release, 2000's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water," ranked No. 5 after 13 weeks with sales of four million copies.

Metallica's poor-selling new album, "St. Anger," was named biggest disappointment, but it also came in at No. 2 as the best metal album, ranking behind Black Label Society's "The Blessed Hellride."

Metallica's Kirk Hammett was named best metal guitarist, a possible consolation prize for having all his solos cut from "St. Anger," and Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl was named best rock guitarist, notwithstanding his initial claim to fame as the drummer with defunct rock band Nirvana.

Another long-gone band, Led Zeppelin, released the best rock album of 2003, the 3-CD live package "How the West Was Won," according to Guitar World readers. That category was rounded out by Audioslave's self-titled debut, the White Stripes' "Elephant," Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Vicious Cycle" and Rush's "Rock in Rio."

The other big disappointments of the year were listed as "all new music," the break-up of Texas metal veterans Pantera, the continued absence of a new Guns 'N Roses album, and Marcos Curiel's departure from Christian rock band P.O.D.

Old 01-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 AM
What a shocker, Metallica should have been on that list to with Limp and Creed.
Yea for me the Pantera breakup was a disappointment, love those guys
PanterA RIP 1988-2003

Old 01-01-2004, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Only of 2003?

Old 01-01-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
Refugee

LOL exactly
Old 01-01-2004, 11:01 PM   #5
She's the One

Will Fred Durst be next on William Shatner's parade of has-beens?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:33 PM   #6
Refugee

LOL this is too funny
Old 01-03-2004, 01:58 AM   #7
Refugee

how long did this take them to figure out??
Old 01-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:07 AM
"Its previous release, 2000's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water," ranked No. 5 after 13 weeks with sales of four million copies."

Is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the title of that album? The image makes me want to gag-sounds like a really nasty dish someone made.

Anywho...can't say I really disagree with a lot of this. I don't mind a few Limp Bizkit songs, personally, but they've been far from one of my favorite bands. And Creed's just gotten overplayed to the point where if I hear one more song by them, I'll hurt somebody.

Also, I've only heard one song off Metallica's new album-didn't like it at all.

Angela
Old 01-04-2004, 04:54 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

limp's cover of behind blue eyes came on in a bar i was at last night... blood shot from my ears
Old 01-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc
how long did this take them to figure out??

too freaking long obvoiusly...i saw something about this somewhere brifely, i think on tv, and i thought i was hallucinating. glad to know that wasn't the case.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:27 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the title of that album? The image makes me want to gag-sounds like a really nasty dish someone made.
Well, considering how gag-inducing Limp Bizkit is, that's a pretty appropriate title.

And as if I couldn't hate Creed enough already, they had that stupid video (what's the name of the song anyway? I guess I've managed to block it out of my mind) where Scott Stapp is standing on a cliff or something and his clothes and hairstyle look almost exactly like Bono's in the WTSHNN video. Now every time I watch the WTSHNN video it reminds me of Creed. Oh, the horror! Thanks for ruining one of my favorite videos, Scott!
Old 01-06-2004, 12:45 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Will Fred Durst be next on William Shatner's parade of has-beens?

This is sooo funny consdering that I'm a total Star Trek Fan (I know, I'm a Freak! I'm totally happy to be one too!)
Old 01-06-2004, 02:04 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
Well, considering how gag-inducing Limp Bizkit is, that's a pretty appropriate title.
LOL. .

That title just bugs me anyway. Blah.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
And as if I couldn't hate Creed enough already, they had that stupid video (what's the name of the song anyway? I guess I've managed to block it out of my mind) where Scott Stapp is standing on a cliff or something and his clothes and hairstyle look almost exactly like Bono's in the WTSHNN video. Now every time I watch the WTSHNN video it reminds me of Creed. Oh, the horror! Thanks for ruining one of my favorite videos, Scott!
Are you refering to "One Last Breath", or maybe "With Arms Wide Open" (I particularly hate the former of the two-the latter got overplayed and I'm not thrilled with it, but...dear god, I despise "One Last Breath". Almost as much as I despise "Higher", if not more)?

I thankfully haven't experienced that whole "reminds me of Scott Stapp" thing yet, but that sucks that you have. .

Angela