Lily Allen -- unprofessional? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 AM   #16
45:33

Local Time: 09:24 AM
I was going to come and say, "nah she just speaks her mind," but after reading that she is cancelling tour dates...

that is a bit of a shit effort.

I hate to bring up U2 or compare Lily Allen to U2... but they managed recording a new album while touring... shit the second half of their tour included the new album!

And btw, who is Keith Allen?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Keith Allen is Lily's father.

Everyone loves a holiday from their job

Its not really that of a shit effort, if she's rescheduling the dates - and If she's a second album out, the tour would most likely contain the new songs.

Keane did it last year (albeit due to drug addiction).

Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
Keith Allen is Lily's father.
So helpfull...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Allen
Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Well I Didn't want to go into to much detail
Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

This strikes me as a very odd thing to say. Would you rather they cancel their shows? "Sorry, folks, I just don't feel like it." Or fake it?

I can't imagine there isn't a performer who hasn't had to go onstage and do a show when their heart wasn't in it at least once. But it's their job. Yeah, sucks for the audience who gets a lackluster show, but I'd hardly call the performer unprofessional or immature. (Unless they were spitting on everyone or kicking beer cups into the audience. That's immature. )

And apparently I'm the only one who still likes Lily Allen.
You can be accountant and not have your heart in it, for at the end of the day if the math is correct the math is correct.

But I don't want a minister who doesn't believe to preach to me, I don't want a painter who doesn't like what she's doing paint for me, and I don't want someone singing who's heart isn't in it.

That's part of their job.

She could have easily continued the tour half assed, and still get paid, but she decided not to.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Perhaps a better option for her would have been to be the opening act for an established band. She could have earned some stripes without having to carry the entire weight of a tour, learned from her peers, and saw what touring involved in the States. Clearly, her management put the cart before the horse here.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

So helpfull...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Allen
He's got 8 kids?? Fertile little sod ain't he?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
War Child

From aversion.com:

"Although Lily Allen's been too drunk to finish her own tour, she's not too charitable to Britain's most famous drug fiend.

The pop star told GQ magazine that she's no fan of the Babyshambles front man, in no uncertain terms: She's said he needs to be "exterminated" after his drug issues bore her.

Allen's not exactly Ms. Sober, herself. She recently scrubbed a swath of American tour dates after getting too drunk to play well."
Old 04-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
HIM recently pulled the same shit, cancelling their US tour (and royally screwing their support bands) because they "needed to go back into the studio and start their next album"

what the fuck mate.

I was going in order to see Lostprophets opening, couldn't care less for HIM, and what they did to their openers (also Papa Roach and Kill Hannah) just sucked. Selfish bullshit.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #25
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:24 PM

I saw her talking on TV last night, it was a Canadian station. She made a comment and then followed it with something like, "I realize I'm not in America right now, thank God." The host said that she had earlier said that she called people in America backwards, so she laughed and gave a lame little, "I love America, America is great!" apology thing. She said that she wants to go back to the studio because since she only has one album out, she doesn't have many songs to choose from. It's so boring just having a small selection of songs to sing that the only way she can perform is to get really drunk before the show, like by drinking half a bottle of Jagermeister.

I had listened to "Smile" back when I heard all of this buzz about her, and I didn't like it. I'd thought about checking her out further and giving her another chance. But if she's going to have an attitude like that, meh. There's a lot of other music I'd rather check out, much of it by musicians who appreciate their fans a little more.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:54 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1542

The Hour interview with Lily Allen

I don't like her stuff regardless. But based on how she came across during that interview, I think she should walk away and get off the road for a while.