Lily Allen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
So does anyone here like Lily Allen? What do you all think of her? I've just started listening to her and I think she has an interesting sound.

*I apologize if this has already been posted but I did a search for it and couldn't find it*

Lily Allen is fab.

Knock 'em out and Alfie are good tunes :up:

Her album is much better than I expected it to be. I bought it based on the one song I'd heard and all the raves I'd heard about her.

Glad it lived up to my expectations other than other acts where I bought the CD based on raves and one great song.

I'm looking at you, Gnarls Barkley.

I think she's awesome! Her and Corrine Bailey have made long for another British invasion. They're both brilliant and talented unlike most female *erm* singers:| today....Fergie, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado? What the hell happened to their talent?:sad:

corianderstem said:

I don't know that Fergie EVER had talent.

On the lesser know Black Eyed Peas songs, that I can't think of at the moment. (My friend is a big fan, not me) she actually can sing pretty well. Still not a big fan though!:wink:

Fer-ga-licious definition
Make the boys go loco

They all want my treasure
They get pleasure from my photo

:sad:

I have to admit, something about that song makes me almost want to like her. Kind of.

Okay, not really. I just like the song. :wink:

London Bridge is still horrifying, though.

London Bridge is a cracking composition....

And Nelly Fertado is still something special...

Swen Stefani should go back to No Doubt though...

Lily Allen is a gun. I've only heard Smile and LDN, and they are both very decent, so maybe her album might be worth buying from a CD store in the near future.

U2isthebest said:
Fergie, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado? What the hell happened to their talent?:sad:

They all started putting more effort into what their asses look like than what their songs sound like. Not that I ever liked any of them much anyway...

I've only heard one Lily Allen song, but I liked it. I just wish she and Lady Sovereign didn't have a beef with each other. I like them both! :scream: :wink:

OK, I'm bumping this. This needs to be a page 1 thread because...

Alright, Still is finally out in the US. :ohmy:

It's a damn great album. Much like any pop album, it weakens as it goes, but it's still wonderful. It probably has 6-7 singles on it, and I can't wait to finally see the videos on TV instead of youtube. :|

:up:

We caught her show in Los Angeles last night. Vocally strong, great personality and she doesn’t seem full of herself…which is refreshing. The audience adored her.

You can see why here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Vmj9pebXJY

Here are the rest of the dates of her U.S. tour:

Tue, 06 Feb 2007 Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA
Thu, 08 Feb 2007 Metro Chicago, IL
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 Webster New York, NY
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 Theatre Of Living Arts Philadelphia, PA
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 9:30 Club Washington, DC
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 Axis Boston, MA

I got this album for next to nothing on ebay. I liked what I heard of it from the iTunes previews.

I'm ashamed to admit London Bridge is like crack to me--I hated it the first time, but it keeps growing on me :reject:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I got this album for next to nothing on ebay. I liked what I heard of it from the iTunes previews.

I'm ashamed to admit London Bridge is like crack to me--I hated it the first time, but it keeps growing on me :reject:

Don't be ashamed, it's a good song.

London Bridge makes me still cry with pain, but Fergalicious is my own personal crash.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness.

corianderstem said:
London Bridge makes me still cry with pain, but Fergalicious is my own personal crash.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness.

Agreed.

I actually like Fergalicious slightly, but London Bridge is crap. :|

Back
Top Bottom