Like Spinning Plates (Live Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am in love with the live version of Like Spinning Plates from I Might Be Wrong. It is so different from the Amnesiac version, which is more electronic sounding and you can practically hear the whirring sound of the spinning plates. The live version was given a more organic treatment with a beautiful piano intro. Live Spinning Plates creates a certain peaceful mood that I can't quite put into words. I like to listen to it repeatedly when I am falling asleep at night.

I found this at ateaseweb:

The studio version of "Like Spinning Plates" was built over the backing track of "I Will," played backward.

The live version (of spinning plates) debuted on august 8th 2001 at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland (USA). Thom introduced the song by saying: ""Er, in Britian there used to be this TV show called 'Name that Tune'. Now, if you can undih--er, if you can...name this tune, er--about halfway through, then you're doing well. And if you do, then, er, give us a shout and let us know you recognize it."

-------------

While you make pretty speeches
I'm being cut to shreds
You feed me to the lions
A delicate balance

And this just feels like spinning plates
I'm living in cloud cookoo land
And this just feels like spinning plates
My body's floating down the muddy river

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

im listening to it right now. its incredible.

i was fortunate enough to come across the mp3 of this song shortly after it was debuted in cleveland. i have the whole speach your talking about plus the song and its great quality.

guess what else? the version you hear on i might be wrong IS the cleveland show. how do i know this? cause of the audience... you hear the part where the guy yells out "spinning plates!!!!" that is on my cleveland mp3 too. he was also the man who thought it was airbag at the beginning.

it all makes sense too, cause why else would he blurt which song it is, and then everyone starts cheering? cause of what thom had said.

i rest my case, im brilliant.

------------------
-death bear

Wow, thanks bear. That is really cool. I never even noticed the guy shouting out spinning plates. I had to put the song on and listen for that part. Although the cover says that the songs were recorded in Oxford, Berlin, Oslo and Vaison La Romaine. Perhaps Thom made a similar introduction to spinning plates to the one he made at the Cleveland show. Just like Bono does a similar introduction to Kite at most shows.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

nice thinking calluna, but even if he had introduced it the same, the crowd wouldnt respond the EXACT same way, with one individual being heard above the others. also the song is sung exactly the same way as at cleveland. i swear its taken from cleveland.

------------------
-death bear

Okay, bear I will take your word for it.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Back
Top Bottom