Like Eiffel 65 or Everclear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Do any of you guys like Eiffel 65 or Everclear!
I sure do. Eiffel 65 with is techno. Everclear with it's grunge. I think Eiffel 65 has better lyrics than Everclear. Tell me what songs,lyrics,c.d.s you do and don't like.

:wave:
Hi there. I have been an Everclear fan for ages now(since high school,which was many years ago). I've never heard of the other band...but I also have never listened to techno :eek:
I just saw Art Alexakis in a solo show here in Seattle about a month ago...it was amazing. He rocks my world. In fact, as I type this, I'm listening to an acoustic version of "Santa Monica"...it makes this grey day in Seattle a little nicer.

I like Everclear, not as much as my boyfriend though, he LOVES them and has seen them live. I like Art's voice (reminds me of Bono's sometimes), but I don't like him much as a person. The first time I saw the Beautiful Day video, it came right after Wonderful.

I don't know anything about Eiffel 65, but I have an Eiffel 65 remix of Alphaville's Big in Japan and I like it a lot. Every once in a while I'm in the mood for techno/dance tunes.

i think eifel 65 needs to die.

there will always be a place in my music collection for everclear, however cheesy or boring their music may get. it's always got that same do do do dodod do riff with the "yeah"s in there, but it's still catchy, there's enough variation between harder-rocking radio-rock and the poppier stuff of songs vol. 1. i guess maye that two album thing seems a little gimmick-y to me now, but when they came out, i was all about it. i still listen occasionally to them (especailly #2) i'm not a huge fan of slow motion day dream, and i was glad to get a free copy cos being as broke as i was last year when it came out, i would have been disapointed in the purchase. but maybe it needs to grow on my a bit mroe?

so much for the afterglow is awesome. i really love that album. and i'm a big fan of sparkle and fade as well (especially "heartpark dollarsign")

the one before that, i've never been able to track down a copy of....well, i did but it was 10 bucks on rather scratched up vinyl and my turntable is pretty finicky...

Everclear are ok, not much of a big fan but some of the songs are nice .... i wouldn't say the same about eifel65 though... that one song that got amazing airplay, was really annoying.

I really realy like the song Santa Monica, I like a couple of their other songs.

The only song I know by Eiffel 56 is that blue one, and it may in fact be my most hated song ever.....sorry....i don't mean to offend....i just can't stand that song

i used to be a big everclear fan

so much for the afterglow and sparkle and fade are fantastico albums, the first disc on the double album was alright, i never got into the second disc at all. have the come out with anything since then?

ive seen them a few times and they put on some good high energy concerts, although art is a bit of a dickhead.

one of the concerts they were playing a small venue and i had first rown balcony center with my friends, and during one of the songs someone threw something on stage, and art stopped the song and asked who threw that. and so i jokingly did the point at my friend while looking away routine, and so art pointed at my friend and starting talking about what a small dick he had. it was pretty funny stuff actually. ah the memories...

im not familiar with everclear, but i like Eiffel 65. i have the Europop album (dont know where it is tho). I actually liked the song Blue because it reminded me of someone. otherwise i would have thought it was really annoying. (or maybe the fact that i like the color blue would have saved it in my eyes...)

I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)....wow.
That's the sonic equivilant of someone shoving a screwdriver into your ear canal.

:huh:

interesting place for a newbie to start out. :eyebrow: please tell me you're not cute irish bono back from wherever it was she went. if you are, please go away again.

haha, this might be the best turn of events EVER in the history of message boards. iwasbored, if i ever do power rankings again you get top spot without question.

faereygul2006, are you u2fan2004!'s brother?

My friend told me that in the song Blue, they're actually saying "If I was green I would die." I don't know if I believe him.

IWasBored said:
interesting place for a newbie to start out. :eyebrow: please tell me you're not cute irish bono back from wherever it was she went. if you are, please go away again.

Don't tell members to go away. There's no need to be rude.

what is a power ranking and im not anyone's brother....im not even a dude...jeez....they arent actually saying If I Was Green I Would Die...they dont say that tilll the end

If you don't know what power rankings are, it's best not to ask. Really.

Squash his head, put him in the pot, people.

I still can't believe there's an Eiffel 65 thread in this forum. I'm glad I didn't see it the first time it rolled around.

Back
Top Bottom