Liam Neeson is the shiznit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Yes, I just said shiznit. Now get over it. Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors of all time, despite the fact that many of my friends find him sort of one-dimensional. I will agree that he tends to take very serious roles, even in rather non-serious movies. But he plays those roles SO WELL. My personal faves

1) Oskar Schindler (Schindler's List) - did you expect anything else? I feel bad for loving this character so much... yes, he does go through the whole redemption thing by the end, but his plight is not nearly that of the people he exploits and ultimately champions. Nevertheless, the final scenes, especially with the presentation of the ring, are among the greatest cinematic triumphs.... EVER

2) Michael Collins (Michael Collins)- just saw this movie. Another character who might be a bit ambivalent, but dies doing the right thing. Neeson's shift from militant action to the call to disarm is handled with great subtlety and skill, though I'll be damned if Julia Roberts did not suck the life out of the climax.

3) Sir Gawain (Excalibur)- I know this is a bit of a small role, but I absolutley loved him here. He is arrogant and plays the perfect pawn in Morgan's attempt to expose Lancelot and Guenevere.

4) Henri Ducard (Batman Begins) - Or... well, I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. But the mentor/student motif is far more dynamic here than it was with Ewan McGregor in Star Wars, though Ewan is another of my favorite actors... I'd say it's the superior script. Neeson is demanding, edgy, and plays the blind idealist grippingly. Even with that goatee.

5) Dr. Kinsey (Kinsey) - I know, another recent flick, but a damn underappreciated one. And kudos on the mankissing, I think that takes a bit of chutzpah.

Honorable mention to Qui-Gon Jinn and the ghost in High Spirits... very funny role. Also, I CANNOT WAIT to hear him voicing Aslan.

Don't forget Rob Roy!

Liam is one of my favorite actors. I didn't know he was voicing Aslan. :up:

Liam Neeson had some awesome facial hair in BAtman Begins. In fact maybe it was just too awesome because I found myself staring at it more than any ting else going on in the movie.

52021555_968c05d956.jpg

don't forget his cameo in Gangs of NY! And in Star Wars, too!!

He's a talente man -- and I love his deep voice!!

Liam is amazing, and has remained so humble and untouched by the Hollywood B.S. over the years..... You're right, that scene at the end of Schindler's List is the one scene that I found the most touching and SHOULD have clinched the Oscar for him, but he was up against Hanks in Philadelphia that year, and there was no way Tom was going to lose.... shame.

lady luck said:
don't forget his cameo in Gangs of NY! And in Star Wars, too!!

He's a talente man -- and I love his deep voice!!

Oohhhh man. I forgot about the beginning of Gangs. Which is another of my favorite movies... this weekend is going to be Liam-fest, I'm on RA duty and will have lots of free time.

My (one and only) claim to fame is that my mum knows Liam Neesons mum!!!:wink: :hyper:

I also agree Liam Neeson was fantastic is Schindlers List:up:

You are right Berto87 - he often does play characters that die somewhere during the course of the film. I saw him recently in Kingdom of Heaven and he dies in that too...

Not a handsome man--but he could read a newspaper to me all day & I would melt. He has the best speaking voice in the whole world. :drool:

Berto87 said:
Liam Neeson seems to die a lot in his movies. Star Wars, Gangs, Batman, ect.

You just ruined a certain movie for me.

Just kidding. :wink:

Seriously, though, there are a lot people who haven't seen it yet as it was only released on dvd this week. What about using spolier tags?

Bono's Doll said:
Not a handsome man--but he could read a newspaper to me all day & I would melt. He has the best speaking voice in the whole world. :drool:

Actually I find him attractive in a rugged type of way. And I agree with you about the voice. :drool:

The man is one of the great but underrated actors out there. He kept me awake and interested during The Phantom Menance.

Carmelu2fan said:
Liam is a fine actor, I also heard he is very blessed:wink: :giggle:
I heard that too. Rob Roy :shifty: :shh:

It seems he's becoming another Sean Bean when it comes to dying in some of his recent films.

Last edited:
liam2.bmp

liam.bmp

Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors. I remember seeing him in "Satisfaction" with Justine Bateman and Julia Roberts back in the late 80's. Of course back then I only noticed him because of his looks. Now though I think he is an amazing actor and I love to watch him in all the different roles he plays.

I agree with Siren, he is attractive in a rugged way, he is not a pretty boy. :drool:

Slapnutz said:

You just ruined a certain movie for me.

Just kidding. :wink:

Seriously, though, there are a lot people who haven't seen it yet as it was only released on dvd this week. What about using spolier tags?

Sorry, I wasn't thinking at all. I beg for everybody's forgiveness who has read this and had a movie ruined for you. Once again my bad

Back
Top Bottom