Letterman or Leno?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by punker:
Letterman, absolutely! Although Conan O'Brien is the better than both.

No, Dave is better... for me to poop on.
triumph.jpg

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 07-17-2001).]

when Dave has his night he's the funniest by far

when Dave has an off-night (and he does have quite a few) even I am funnier

I agree that Conan kicks both their butts
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I have to go with Leno. Watching Letterman I get the feeling most of his jokes are inside jokes that would be funnier if you actually knew the people on the show. Also, Leno can be mean in his jokes and that is always more appealing to me.

I still smile everytime I think of the joke Leno told on Elvis' birthday when he talked about how he celebrated his birthday by swallowing every pill in his medicine cabinet.

~rougerum

Between Leno and Letterman, I would have to go with Leno. Letterman always has this very smug I'm-far-too-smart-for-you-mortals attitude that I just don't care for.

But Conan is definitely better than either of them.
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Leno for sure!! Letterman is boring!

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Dave! Although maybe cause I've seen alot more of him than Leno, cause his Late Show used to be on cable.
paul shaffer is a total turd though!

I will have to go with Dave, mainly because I have not seen much of Leno and Conan........here in Australia we get Dave each night on the commercial telly at about midnight, however Conan and Leno we only get on pay tv (cable) and I have only had pay tv once for about 6 months.........so I have seen more of Dave, but he does come across as a funny guy, which is good I think, cause generally I hate American humour, but all in all it is something good to watch if you are up late
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals, you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: Intro to 'I still havn't found what I'm looking for', ANZ Stadium Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

LENO by a mile! Letterman, I hate.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Who?

Larry Sanders is a fictious talk show host on the series of the same title on HBO. It aired between 1992-1998 and now can be seen on Wednesday at 8:00pm. Larry Sanders is played by Garry Shandling and the show is hilarious. I highly recommend checking it out.

Dennis Miller.

------------------
Nate

"And we scorch the earth,
set fire to the sky,
we stoop so low
to reach so high"

Ooh, no question for me, hands down it is David Michael Letterman. I like his cynical, sharp wit. Yeah, he has off nights, but he's still great. To me, Leno is far too much of the celebrity butt-kisser. Sigh. I also appreciate Letterman's self-depecrating nature, how he will make fun of himself, Les Moonves and CBS, the Show, etc...

And I love Paul, Biff Henderson, the guys who do the Oprah transcripts, George, Sirujal and Mujubir, Rupert Gee, Dave's Mom Dorothy, they are all household names thanks to Dave. I never tire of his Top Ten List, even if they are sometimes lackluster. And Thursdays rock b/c he plays, "The Fastest Growing Quiz Sensation" Know Your Current Events, Zip Codes, Cuts of Meat, etc.

Gotta love Dave...

tania

Leno. Although i'm not all that fond of him either, a lot of his jokes are too sick. But i met him and he was nice. I liked that Dave went to visit the troops in Bosnia recently, that was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. But aside from that pareticular show, its rarely funny anymore.
I hate Craig kilborn, not fond of Conan except when he does that "If they mated" spot, which is a riot. I used to watch Tom Snyders show, which was truly hilarious, classy, and very interesting. I miss that show.

------------------
I and I In The Sky You Make Me Feel Like I Can Fly...So High...ELEVATION!

"Are you cookin beeeeeeeeeeeeans???"
"What tiiiiiiime is it?"
"Is Zorro oooooooon?"

Leno has some excellent monologue joke writers, no doubt!! ( Im pretty sure they used to work for Dave in the 80's).

But you see, I already saw Leno's gags and comedy pieces fifteen years ago!!!... On "Late Night With David Letterman" on NBC!

Leno is like the Japanese with technology... Its not his idea, but he's "taken it" and made it better (supposedly).

My veto is for Buchanan...Opps!!! I meant to punch in "Dave"!!

Its Dave.

AND Paul!!!

AND Allen Colter!!!
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

Back
Top Bottom