Let's talk Explosions In The Sky, guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I saw the charming young lads of Explosions In The Sky perform an intimate show in an intimate theater on the not-so-intimate campus of UT on Sunday, and I do believe it was one of the best shows I or any of you have ever seen.

Now, I know what you're thinking. What is ole impy on about? Well, I'd highly recommend you purchase as many of their records and tickets to their shows as your budget allows...and then some. I reckon you don't have a heart if you aren't moved by their music.

I know I'm not the only manfish around here who enjoys pretty, pretty post rock. I know you guys like them, even if you haven't listened to them yet. Talk about them, I promise you'll find it very rewarding.

I've heard very good things about these guys. And the little big I've heard of them, I like. I keep meaning to check more of their stuff out.

Thanks for the reminder.

coemgen said:
I've heard very good things about these guys. And the little big I've heard of them, I like. I keep meaning to check more of their stuff out.

Thanks for the reminder.

I'd recommend starting with The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place, although you really can't go wrong with All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone or Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.

I'd save The Rescue and How Strange, Innocence for after you get into them. Honestly, buy one of the aforementioned records (OR STEAL IT WITH MP-FREE'S!) and you'll have yourself a humdinger of a listening.

All of a Sudden... is being played like crazy in the LMP household. I really cannot get enough of it right now.

inmyplace13 said:

I'd recommend starting with The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place, although you really can't go wrong with All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone or Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.

I'd save The Rescue and How Strange, Innocence for after you get into them. Honestly, buy one of the aforementioned records (OR STEAL IT WITH MP-FREE'S!) and you'll have yourself a humdinger of a listening.

You rock. Thanks for the guidance.

One of my favorite bands :up: I love to drive to all of their albums, or put on my Sennheiser headphones, close my eyes, and absorb all that is great about them :drool:

onebloodonelife said:
One of my favorite bands :up: I love to drive to all of their albums, or put on my Sennheiser headphones, close my eyes, and absorb all that is great about them :drool:

agreed! i had to drive home from work in the middle of a blizzard, and this was the finest music for the occasion. i absolutely love this band and their Edge influence.:wink:

im really enjoying the new album, it sounds very very pretty. i totally agree about the edge influence. im seeing them in 10 days. score!

If any of you wish to write a formal review of the album or one of Explosions' shows (what you write will be send to the band's camp), please email me! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom