Let's talk dance/disco/party-type songs. I'm starting to love them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Now, we all like a vast range of music on here. I like U2, The Beatles, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, The Who, Nick Drake, and a whole host of others. But the thing is with a lot of these bands/artists, not a great deal of their respective songs make many appearances at parties, or at nightclubs, discos, etcetera. I've just turned 18, and having been to a few clubs and parties this year, I'm really starting to like the songs that get played, or have that kind of vibe. These are my favourites:

Muscles - Ice Cream
Justice vs Simian - Never Be Alone (DJ Hell's Bavarian Gigolo Mix)
Sander Kleinenberg - This is Not Miami
Kaz James - Breathe (Thomas Gold Mix)
Collie Buddz - Come Around
David Guetta - Distortion
Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At?
OutKast - Roses

Now, a few of these are a bit dated now, but I love them all :D

Name yours, House, Electro, Dance, etc and let's get downloading and sharing, because I need more of this music.

Girls Aloud.

Straight up. With a twist.

Any song. Crank the stereo. Flick a finger to the world below.

Here's a list of funk/dance/electronic songs I put together for a future Desert Island competition:

pictureeq0.jpg

"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

They play it at all of the cool clubs.

how long is your favourite version? because i'm getting about fifteen different times.

Look for Born Slippy (Nuxx). Pure class. There should be a short version of about 5 minutes.

Girls Aloud.

Straight up. With a twist.

Any song. Crank the stereo. Flick a finger to the world below.

:up: Girls Aloud. Can't go wrong with some Sugababes and Kylie either. Or Insomnia by Faithless. :drool:

Born Slippy is a song I never tire of, especially the single version, I actually bought the single back in '97. Timeless tune.

I've always loved Robert Miles piano-based trance stuff, more chill-out music - like his big hits Children and Fable. Dreamland album is awesome. Never hear it in clubs and stuff nowdays.

Leftfield's Leftism album is a classic. Track 3, "Melt", is the most beautiful electronica ever produced. "Open Up" and "Original", as well as the incredible "Black Flute", are all brill. And the brilliant "Afro-Left".

Eurodance might be considered kind of cheesy these days, but I'm a big fan of that kind of music. Amber, La Bouche etc....

I've been listening to Cut Copy's album its kinda dance/electro (and there from Melbourne)
And the Presets, I'm sure you've heard the car ad with thier song on it, their Aussie too.:up:

Kaz James's music is pretty electro/dance
Goldfrapp are also another band that are electro
Armand Van Helden is dance music
Some of the Rouge Traders songs are electro
TV Rock's album is oldish but its not to bad

I would also advise that you pick up a Ministry of Sound album, sometimes the Annual ones are about $30 for 2 discs.

Also Rage on ABC plays some of the music you are looking for.

There are a number of underground electro artisit from the uk, so maybe hunt around Myspace. :D

Dance/Disco/Party:
Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart (ultimate party anthem!)
The B52's - Love Shack
The Bucketheads - The Bomb (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)
The Prodigy - Firestarter
The Prodigy - Serial Thrilla
Moby - Feeling So Real
Moby - Bodyrock
Daft Punk - Around The World
Pulp - Disco 2000
Pulp - Common People
Blur - Girls and Boys
Blur - Song 2
Madonna - Vogue
Madonna - Jump
Chaka Demus & Pliers - Tease Me :heart:
George Michael - Killer / Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
George Michael - Too Funky
George Michael - Freedom '90
George Michael - Fastlove
George Michael - Outside
Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing (preferably while watching Travolta on Saturday Night Fever!)
Spice Girls - Who Do You Think You Are?
J Geils Band - Centerfold
Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
Depeche Mode - Strangelove
Depeche Mode - It's No Good

Trance:
Jam & Spoon - Stella
Jam & Spoon featuring Plavka - Right In The Night (Fall In Love With Music)
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Paul Oakenfold - Rendezvous (Quadraphonic Mix)
iiO - Rapture [Armin Van Buuren Remix]
Art of Trance - Madagascar

Oooh...

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Michael Jackson - PYT
Michael Jackson - Speed Demon
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Michael Jackson - Jam
Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
Michael Jackson - Dangerous
Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And who can forget the ultimate good ol' party song!

Lionel Richie - All Night Long :love:

I've been listening to Cut Copy's album its kinda dance/electro (and there from Melbourne)
And the Presets, I'm sure you've heard the car ad with thier song on it, their Aussie too.:up:

Kaz James's music is pretty electro/dance
Goldfrapp are also another band that are electro
Armand Van Helden is dance music
Some of the Rouge Traders songs are electro
TV Rock's album is oldish but its not to bad

I would also advise that you pick up a Ministry of Sound album, sometimes the Annual ones are about $30 for 2 discs.

Also Rage on ABC plays some of the music you are looking for.

There are a number of underground electro artisit from the uk, so maybe hunt around Myspace. :D

Was going to check out Cut Copy, looking to get some Sneaky Sounds System as well.

Hate the Presets on the back of the pharking All my people song ("Blah blah blah all of my people NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH), TV Rock were a bit overrated.

Thanks all!!! :drool:

Was going to check out Cut Copy, looking to get some Sneaky Sounds System as well.

Hate the Presets on the back of the pharking All my people song ("Blah blah blah all of my people NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH), TV Rock were a bit overrated.

Thanks all!!! :drool:

Sneaky Sound Systems album was really good, I havent listened to it in a while, but it was good.

Your right TV rock were a bit overated.

intedomine right, also Girl and the sea is one of my fave songs of the presets.
Don't give up on them, I think they are worth it

Speaking of the Presets,

The are joining Cut copy on tour in America, would be good if both did shows down here together.

I'll echo the Underworld fans in the house . . .

Get "Dubnobasswithmyheadman" and "Beaucoup Fish." Great stuff.

The Chemical Brothers and The Crystal Method also are favorites.

Bit late to the party and I'm not sure what type of music you are looking for exactly.
Because some clubs/disco's play R&B and hiphop, while others play trance, house etc.

But I hope the below is of use to you, COBL_04 or anyone else interested :

* First of, there are a lot of genres.
Here's the wiki for electronic music :

List of electronic music genres - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

* There's a dance music radio station here in the SF Bay Area, Energy 92.7 and someone made a blog about the songs they play.

It's a very long list :

Energy 92.7 (San Francisco)

There also is a small one on their own page :

Energy 92.7 FM - playlist

* You could also check out the websites of some of the top / most popular DJ's in the world.
Some of them have weekly radioshows you can listen to online or podcasts you can download.

DJmag.com: Top 100 DJs - Results & History

#1 : Armin van Buuren : A State of Trance radioshow :

Armin van Buuren | Imagine | Going Wrong

Podcast : Armin van Buuren | Imagine | Going Wrong

# 2 : Tiesto : Tiesto's Club Life radioshow : Radio 538 = 102 FM - Tiësto's club life

Podcast : Radio 538 = 102 FM - Tiësto's club life Podcast

# 3 : John Digweed : Transistions : John Digweed | Transitions Volume 4 - Renaissance | OUT NOW Click on radio and select your region.

# 4 : Paul van Dyk
# 5 : Sasha
# 6 : Above & Beyond
# 7 : Carl Cox

# 8 : Ferry Corsten : Corsten's Countdown (click on the red banner on the right side of his website : Ferry Corsten and you'll go to a page where you can see the playlists of this year : 2008)

# 9 : Infected Mushroom
#10 : David Guetta

* Or check out : Digitally Imported - #1 Electronic Dance Radio music destination
Free radio channels featuring world renowned Artists, DJs, and the Hottest exclusive shows!)

* Or : 538 Dance Department, an online dance music station featuring the hottest and latest records non-stop – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week : Radio 538 = 102 FM - Dance Department UK

* XM radio and Sirius radio (US satelite radio stations) have dance channels :

XM Channel Lineup

Channel 80 - 84

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Dance Radio Station – Listen to Electronic/Dance Music Radio on Sirius Satellite Radio – Dance Music Online

Enjoy your exploration!

Not to diminish anyone else's comments (hey, even I posted here previously), but that's the best response so far, Miringeltje. Well done, and nice choices.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom