let's talk about 'reservations' by wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
this summer i finally realized how remarkable this song really is.

i'm not sure where or how it finally all made sense to me, but i don't think i ever gave the second half of the song much of a chance.

for the past while i've been thinking that reservations might be my favourite wilco song, even ahead of 'less than you think'.

as you can tell, i like wilco the most when they collapse their songs into fields of noise.

but anyway, there's a part in the song right after 7eff is finished singing that i'm sure is an organ, pushed far to the back of the mix even though it's the only sound that's audible at that point. it lasts for about five seconds, maybe?

that part is flat out creepy to me, and i have no idea why. it's ridiculously beautiful, and it starts the beautiful descent into soft madness.

and the last few organ notes are also worth making special mention. i've never heard music quite like that...the way it sort of floats...you feel like you're sailing off to meet your own end in a drug induced haze.

dreaming never had a better soundtrack.

i've got reservations

about so many things

but not about you

:heart:

yes, that warbling sound in the middle is creepy, and i love, love, LOVE the organ at the end.

good call, bear. :up:

Zoomerang96 said:

as you can tell, i like wilco the most when they collapse their songs into fields of noise.

Absofuckinglutely. Me, too.

It was my first favorite song on YHF. Then each song one by one became my favorite. Then last spring on a roadtrip I reconnected with Reservations. YHF has the most amazing opening and closing songs. Just a perfect record (to me) with perfect bookends.

:heart: organ :heart:

The end of Poor Places is real freaky. I want to listen to that driving down a dark country road, like in Iowa. Just hearing that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot repeated over and over. Damn. That's some alien abduction music right there.

anyone else get a get a similiar vibe from ok computer by radiohead?

there's some similiarities there, though i'm not sure where exactly they lie.

One of my favorite albums......pure class from start to finish........definitely would like to see U2 do something with a sound like that.

UberBeaver said:
The end of Poor Places is real freaky. I want to listen to that driving down a dark country road, like in Iowa. Just hearing that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot repeated over and over. Damn. That's some alien abduction music right there.

Absolutely love the way it ends. So hypnotic. Soundtrack to an alien abduction, I hear you there.

Zoomerang96 said:
anyone else get a get a similiar vibe from ok computer by radiohead?

there's some similiarities there, though i'm not sure where exactly they lie.

Yes, I've noticed the Radiohead-like stuff going on too. It's the overall tone and just the strange sounds that aren't coming from musical instruments, but become musical anyway. I love both albums.

Back
Top Bottom