let's talk about pizza for a second.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
yes. i've noticed that pizza seems to be brought up in more and more threads lately. i can see why. pizza is the perfect blend of everything.

so let's try to keep all pizza discussion in this thread. if i was a mod, i'd sticky this one.

Gina Maria's in Placentia Cali, what a great slice, and a nice old italian family that runs the joint. Everytime I go get a slice and a glass of wine from there, he always say's " you deserve it"!

DeadMansParty said:
Gina Maria's in Placentia Cali, what a great slice, and a nice old italian family that runs the joint. Everytime I go get a slice and a glass of wine from there, he always say's " you deserve it"!

see? that's the attitude! everyone deserves pizza.

So much of the pizza in L.A. is New York style, i.e. thin and GREASY. I like Chicago style, i.e., thicker crust buried in cheese. That said, D'Amore's in L.A. is decent for thin pizza.

Actually, I'll go so far to say that L.A. sucks ass for pizza.

Last edited:
remember though, even pizza in it's worst form is still the best thing you've ever had.

The key to a good pizza is the thickness of crust. If a pizza is too thin it becomes flakey, and a flakey crust makes for a dissapointing pizza experience.

I've found the perfect thickness for a crust is 12mm on the base and 22mm on the edge. :drool:

I prefer my pizza made by short, greasy Italians who dip their bare, masculine hands straight into the olive container. Non of this nampy pampy weighing the ingredients shit.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Are you orginally from around the Chicagoland area?

No, but I've visited a few times (work-related) and I have family roots in Chicago (big Chicago reunion every summer). I love that town......and its pizza. :wink:

Last edited:
Well I edited my post above to say that my relatives have a big family reunion every June in Chicago (a suburb of Chicago, actually), which I've attended. Dutch emigree thing. Love the town.

Last edited:
pub crawler said:
Well I edited my post above to say that my relatives have a big family reunion every June in Chicago (a suburb actually), which I've attended. Dutch emigree thing. Love the town.

I can understand....I love the town too...though I haven't had fresh pizza in a while

(I been eating premade Tony's, Celste and Home Run Inn pizzas lately. And Connie's Pizza from work)

Mmmm..pizza..I just had some today. I've never been a big fan of olives but for the first time I actually didn't mind having them on my pizza.

Anyone like the stuffed crust pizza? I haven't had it for a loooong time :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

no probs! :wave:

8.gif

Back
Top Bottom