Let's talk about Michael Jackson for a while.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
So Janet stated on 'ellen' last week she has been pushing the brothers to reform Jackson 5 and hit the road/Vegas stage.

Wyclef Jean stated in an interview here in Australia that Michael's new album is basically done and should be out in the last quarter of this year. Then again he also complained he hasn't been paid for his work on it either.

The 'Thriller 25' package has sold very well globally - thus MJ knows people out there are still digging it.

Is it time to strike when the iron is hot? There have been some more (albeit bizarre) public appearances then usual and even his kids seem to have lost the lacey masks protecting their identity.

All this indicates he is ramping up for a new album release.

Hopefully it wont be like the 2008 'remixes' of his 'Thriller' hits...

Thoughts? Expectations? Do you care?

Personally I do not think much of MJ as a person - he is way, way too far gone in many respects - but I am interested (and always will be) in his music. I prefer 'Bad' to 'Thriller' and love a huge chunk of the 'Dangerous' and 'HIStory' albums. I also really dig the 5 original tracks on the 'Blood On The Dancefloor' album as well as the unreleased stuff in his 'Ultimate' boxset. 'We've Had Enough' - :yippie:

I didn't really think much of 'Invincible' - though 'Whatever Happens' and '2000 Watts' are awesome...

I'm always up for a new Jackson release. Though I also didnt think much of Invincible either. Dangerous will always be my favourite album. Some superb stuff on there.

Dangerous sounded as much like the early 90s as Thriller did like the early 80s. Dated but fun albums! History was okay for me, some great songs and some meh. Stranger In Moscow was one of the few beauties! :heart: Didn't give Invincible even the time of day. :slant:

the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

c65304ec.jpg

In 1987, or rather, when Thriller was out, I fancied Michael like mad.
I even went to see the Moonwalker movie and thought he was hot!

The Thriller video has to be one of the best out there for its dance choreography.
I mean, do you see that these days? Hell no! Instead its some skinny dude named Mikey White with an earring and a wearing puffa jacket and 'crotch-hangin-down-to-the-knees' trousers, rapping into a microphone likes its a feckin life-line with tons of main naked women dancing near him making the video almost X-rated!
whats with that!

(Okay so its modern.)

anyhow, Michael I love his early 90s stuff.

Dangerous Tour was great to watch, he was prob at his peak.

erm

thats all I gotta say. Am I going to be arrested now for not saying much? :hyper:

I used to love Michael, went to concerts as such, I really became a fan with Bad, because before that I was too young. However, my favourite album is Dangerous, some really great tunes on there. HIStory was okay, as well, but Invincible ... not so much. Except Whatever Happens, that was a great song.
Great performer, great dancer, really extraordinary voice.

Apart from his private misery, I have always felt it was really sad that all the work he has done was always compared to Thriller.

I was a tween when Thriller was released, and boy, that was the shit back then. I had loads of posters on my wall.

Since then, I've liked most of his singles, at least up through the History release, which I had only for the "greatest hits" portion. I hated everythine else on it.

Now I just have The Essential Michael Jackson, which is AWESOME. All the solo stuff, plus the great Jackson Five hits. I love to listen to it.

I'll even admit to liking "You Rock My World" despite hating it when it came out and thinking the video was stupid. Well, the video is still stupid, but the song really grew on me.

I think he's a sick, sad motherfucker, but, I defy you to listen to "Don't Stop Till you Get Enough" and not want to dance or at least move your head to the music.

Michael, Michael, Michael...where have you gone?

Here's the problem with Mr. Jackson today...he's become more well known for his legal problems, pedophilia, his ever whitening skin and his horrific plastic surgeries...and it's taken a toll on his fabulous catalog. I bought Number 1's a few years back and I felt slimy doing it...even though I really dug all the songs...:sigh: I still find it hard to look at that CD in my collection...that is what is sad...:sad:

I defy you to listen to "Don't Stop Till you Get Enough" and not want to dance or at least move your head to the music.

Or... Wanna Be Startin' Something! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Michael, Michael, Michael...where have you gone?

Here's the problem with Mr. Jackson today...he's become more well known for his legal problems, pedophilia, his ever whitening skin and his horrific plastic surgeries...and it's taken a toll on his fabulous catalog.

Exactly right!

Wow - lot of 'Dangerous' love in here (all puns intended).

I have always tried to divorce the whole 'MJ enigma' from the actual music itself. Very few people bother to dthat though. They don't hear how good some of his recent (well - 1990's) stuff is because they are still stuck on the image of the skin whitening (though he does claim vitiligo causes that) and ridiculous plastic surgery.

I just hope he comes out with an absolutely awesome single and album in the near future - though Wyclef's involvement does indicate it wont exactly be groundbreaking stuff.

I'm scared he will rely too much on currently popular producers like will.i.am or Timberland, because he's desperatly trying to be hip again. The Thriller 25 remixes by Akon & co. are horrible. :yuck: Obviously MJ is trying to connect with today's hip hop audience. One of Invincible's biggest flaws was that it was written and produced by dozens of people, like he couldn't make up his mind. MJ should write and produce alone or go back to working with one producer, Teddy Riley would be my advice. He should also work with a guitarrist like Slash again - Give in to me is one of my all-time favourite songs.

I hope he does what Janet has done with her 'Discipline' album - it is almost a concept album - but man it flows so well together. It is a real shame she is seen as a bit of a joke after the whole tit out incident.:giggle:

I am guardedly optomistic - then again the last time he spent years making an album he gave us 'Invincible'... I just hope Justin Timberlake is nowhere to be seen with this project. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom