Let's talk about JOHN LENNON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love_u2_adam said:
awwwwwwwwwww may i steal it....please!!!!:bow:

Go for it! :)

Here are others:

wajohn.gif

c29.gif

jpanicar.gif

I think the problem is that he has become a mythic figure and that colors what might be an objective analysis.

I see the same thing with McCarthy too.

Some beautiful and amazing songs sitting amongst some classic filler.

When he was on, he was on, no question.

But when Yoko decided she wanted in on the scene as well it produced some real problems.

Tarvark said:
I think the problem is that he has become a mythic figure and that colors what might be an objective analysis.

I see the same thing with McCarthy too.

Some beautiful and amazing songs sitting amongst some classic filler.

When he was on, he was on, no question.

There was definitely filler in all 4 Beatles solo careers, but as you said, their Peaks were as good as the stuff they put out with the Beatles. Since this is a Lennon thread I'd say both the "Plastic Ono Band" and "Imagine" albums were right up there.

As for pictures my faves are the ones that Astrid Kirchherr(Stuart Sutcliffe's Fiancee) took in Germany before they hit it big

2719re2.jpg

These 2 were taken just a few days after Sutcliffe died of a brain hemorrhage(For those who don't know, he was the Beatles original bass player, while Paul played guitar)

2131re2.jpg

b8d9re2.jpg

Sorry about the size, for some reason these pictures are hard to find at a good size. I want to buy one of the autographed(by Astrid) prints one of these days.

Last edited:
I love John Lennon.

This is kind of a cool story. A client of mine, who is one of the top Beatle memoribilia collectors in the country, called me last Sunday and asked if I could come over. He wanted to show me something. It turns out that a guy from Bonhams' auction house was coming over to have him take a look at an item they were getting ready to auction.

It was the original "A Day in the Life" lyric sheet that Lennon had penned on one side, and then Lennon-McCartney had penned on the other... It's a incredibly beautiful piece of music and rock and roll history and for a hour I sat there in his kitchen just staring at it.

They believe that it will sell for over 2 million dollars. Here is the link if you would like to see it:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=adayinthelife

Anyway, that will be the closest I will ever get to John Lennon.

Back
Top Bottom