let's talk about Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
So, UnforgettableLemon got me thinking about this great TV show (and perhaps, massive guilty pleasure).

Nonetheless, a quick poll:

Favourite character:
Favourite season:
Favourite villain:
Favourite quote (well pick one):
Favourite episode:

I can't remember anything else.

Yay! Buffy! :hyper:

Favourite character: Giles!

Favourite season: season 3, I think

Favourite villain: Angelus! :drool: :rockon:

Favourite quote (well pick one): "Fire bad. Tree pretty."

Favourite episode: Oh geez ... this is so hard. The ones that stick with me are the funny ones. "Something Blue!" "Band Candy!" "Pangs!" But then you've got the angst-ridden hours of awesomeness like "Becoming" or "Bad Girls" or ... or ... the complete brilliance of "Once More, With Feeling!"

Sorry. Can't do it. Can't pick one.

Favourite character: Buffy
Favourite season: Three or five
Favourite villain: Angelus
Favourite quote (well pick one): "You have fruit punch mouth."
Favourite episode: "Once More, With Feeling!"

Favourite character: Giles
Favourite season: Three
Favourite villain: Spike (pre-season 6, at least)
Favourite quote (well pick one): "And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs"
Favourite episode: Once More, With Feeling

And right now I am watching Season 2

Favourite season: Three, I feel that was the most consistent season plus The Mayor, I mean it was brilliant.

Favourite villain: Angelus, better in my opinion in Angel Season 4 but still awesome.

Favourite quote (well pick one): One! Im going for "Your beneath me" that one had the great double between Cecily and Buffy.

The entire Harmony / Xander "fight" in The Initiative goes down as one of my favourite fights ever, obligatory Sex Pistols reference is a bonus.

Favourite episode: Fool for Love, Passion, Amends (for a Christmas special it is well above par), Becoming Part 2

I willingly confess that I drifted away from the show during/after Season 5 and switched to Angel more and more. I think that Wesley was the best character in that particular 'verse but only after the major shifts in S3 of Angel

Last edited:
Favourite character: Willow (so cute), Anya, OZ.
Favourite season: Not sure. 2-5, one of them. I don't know which is which.
Favourite villain: Drusilla
Warren Meers: Yeah, what are you gonna do if we don't especially feel like maybe playing your...
[Spike rips Boba Fett action figire off its base]
Warren Meers: What are - wait, what are you doing?
Spike: Examine my chip or else Mr. Fett here is the first to die.
Jonathan: Hey! All - All right. Let's not - Let's not not do anything crazy here.
Andrew Wells: That's a limited edition, 1979 mint condition Boba Fett.
Warren Meers: All right, dude, chill. You can still make it right. You know you don't wanna do this.
Spike: What I want is answers, nimrod!
Warren Meers: Right. But you don't want to hurt the Fett... because, man, you're not coming back from that!

Favourite episode: Hush. Brilliant TV right there.

Favourite character: Spike (or Anya)
Favourite season: Two
Favourite villain: Angelus (or Olaf, Anya's troll ex-boyfriend)

Riley: What can you tell me about Dracula?
Spike: Dracula? Poncy bugger owes me £11, for one thing.

Favourite episode: Lover's Walk

Favourite character: Spike definitely
Favourite season: probably 6
Favourite villain: Spike again

Favourite quote (well pick one): "He’s gonna kill her. Oh well” -Spike

Favourite episode: "Forever" & "The Body" - these ones kind of creeped me out ... I luv'd the funny ones too, just cant remember them right now

Favourite character: Spike

Favourite season: 3

Favourite quote (well pick one): I'll pick "I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it" or Buffy: "You had sex with Giles! You had sex with Giles! Joyce: It was the candy. We were teenagers. Buffy: On the hood of a police car!?

Favourite episode: Hush, The Body, Once More With Feeling...oh and "Fool for Love"...

Too many episodes...too many!!!

Man I love that show!! I'll have to watch my DVDs later...

Last edited:

Favourite season: Three

Favourite villain: Spike

Favourite quote (well pick one): Too many but here goes... "I'd like to test that theory" - uttered by Giles at a very appropriate moment

Favourite episode: "The Body", "Tabula Rasa". I like the crossover with Angel, "I Will Remember You".

foray

foray said:
Favourite quote (well pick one): Too many but here goes... "I'd like to test that theory" - uttered by Giles at a very appropriate moment

When that happened on the show, I think I actually jumped off my couch and screamed "GILES!!!!!!!"

I love Giles (and ASH is the only thing I like about Little Britain). "Boring, old, and English. Just like you...ull....Brenner. Yule Brenner....A British Yule Brenner."

foray said:

Favourite episode: "The Body", "Tabula Rasa". I like the crossover with Angel, "I Will Remember You".

Those are in my top five as well.

"Randy Giles? Why not just call me 'Horny Giles,' or 'Desperate for a Shag Giles'?
I knew there was a reason I hated you!"

Favourite character: Willow
Favourite villain: The Mayor in Season 3
Favourite quote (well pick one): "I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it"
Favourite episode: Becoming Part II (2nd Season finale)

Favourite season: rotates between 3, 5, and 6
Favourite quote (well pick one): see my signature
Favourite episode: "Once More With Feeling," "Grave," "The Gift," "Becoming," "Graduation Day," "Prophecy Girl," "Harsh Light of Day," "The Zeppo," "Chosen," I could keep going for years.

EDIT: I FORGOT "THE BODY" and "HUSH." And about a zillion others.

Saracene said:
Favourite villain: The Mayor in Season 3
Favourite quote (well pick one): "I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it"
Favourite episode: Becoming Part II (2nd Season finale)

It appears we are, to some degree, in agreement.

Favorite character: Buffy
Favorite season: Three
Favorite villain: Spike and Angelus
Favorite quote (well pick one): I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.
Favorite episode: Hush

Favourite character: Willow Rosenberg
Favourite season: hmmm I'm torn between seasons two and three
Favourite quote (well pick one): "And I'm eating this banana, lunchtime be damned!"
Favourite episode: Doppelgangland

I don't know a lot about the show, but I liked it a lot, back when it was on the WB. I don't have cable, and it was an actually interesting show on the WB, so I was surprised.

Spike would be my favorite character, Willow was cute, and Buffy was also nice, and wasn't Charisma Carpenter on that show, too? I don't know my tv shows :uhoh:

I wrote a lot of X-Files fanfic. :reject:

But even at the height of my Buffy love, I never got into Buffy fanfic.

I have a few TPB such as Tales of the Vampires and Fray, but since a few of those stories are written by staff writers then they could be considered canon. I steer well clear of any fanfic.

And this may well turn into one of the geekiest threads in a good long while, nobody mention retcon.

To bring it back on topic I thought that Anya was a good character.

I looooooved Anya. Her death was so sad. She just lay there, all split in half, and no one found her before Sunnydale was sucked into the hole. :(

yertle-the-turtle said:
Favourite character:
Favourite season:
Favourite villain:
Favourite episode:

Willow

Season 3, Faith :drool:

hmm...probably Spike, the show went downhill for me when he was with Buffy

Willow: It's a doodle. I do doodle. You too, you do doodle too.

the parallel universe one with Anya, everyone's a vampire I think except Giles, Oz, and some random dude

I didn't like Willow much. She wasn't scary one bit in the last season and I'm more convinced of her computer prowess than her awesome witch powers.

foray

character: Spike

season: The early ones before Buffy was resurrected when saving the world from Glory

villain: Caleb

quote: probably something from Xander

episode: can't pick, too many to choose from

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom