Let's show our appreciation for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Bodysnatchers.

One of Radiohead's all-time greatests rock songs, that's only sure to get better as they continue to record the massively anticipated LP7.

I do not
Understand
What it is
I've done wrong
Full of holes
Check the pulse
Blink your eyes
One for yes
Two for no

I have no idea what I am talking about
I'm trapped in this body and can't get out
Ooooohhhh

Has the light gone out for you?
Cause the light's gone for me
You can fight it like a dog
And they brought me to my knees
They got scared and they put me in
All the lies run around my face
And for anyone else to see

I'm alive

Make a sound
Move back home
Get an invitation
With the edges
Sawn off

I have no idea what I am talking about
I'm trapped in this body and can't get out
Ooooohhhh

Has the light gone out for you?
Cause the light's gone for me
And you can draw it out of me
It is the 21 century
And they find me at the top
And they brought me to my knees
And for anyone else to see
ANd for anyone else to see

I'm alive

I've seen it coming

And here's a wickedly awesome video of the track performed during the 2006 Bonnaroo festival.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oMEVu0ON1dE

Appreciate, bitches.

I massively anticipate nothing

I like the "And they brought me to my knees" line though
very Bono-esque

yeah, this was one of my early favourites as well. i love the chorus... it's got a desperate sound to it.

Zoomerang96 said:
yeah, this was one of my early favourites as well. i love the chorus... it's got a desperate sound to it.

my favourite among all the new songs.

I have this song on my itunes but don't know how it goes. Haven't listened to it enough obviously.

Salome said:
I like the "And they brought me to my knees" line though
very Bono-esque

C'mon now! That's one line in a song compared to Bono's 'kneel' and 'knees' cliche. It's not a crime to use the word once in a while. But it looks bad when overused, doesn't it?

lyrics-wise, thom yorke should be compared to michael stipe, not bono. thom yorke is michael stipe + fear and anxiety.

I'm been absolutely ga-ga over Lift too these days for some reason. It's easily the band's best unreleased old track, and easily in my top 10 Radiohead songs of all time. I was reading a lot of stuff over at the terrifying ateaseweb message boards about how well Lift would work closing LP7, and I couldn't agree more. It's just fucking amazing, and besides, Radiohead are quite notorious for reworking older tracks and creating something amazing for new albums (see Motion Picture Soundtrack and others). Nude is also an oldie, and it's already a stand-out among the new songs.

What I'm saying is, LP7 kicks ass, Bodysnatchers fucking rocks, and if there's any chance we'll see a proper recording of Lift in the near future, I may need to pick up some adult diapers. :yes:

not to derail this thread or anything:wink:.....
but have you guys heard this videotape mix mix some guy did....its awesome:wink:

hxxp://download.ysi.com/9DAC0893517D8013

Ooooh, thanks xavi, I tried downloading this last night I had trouble. :drool: The beginning is already awesome.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I much prefer Thom's vocal approach to the Basement Tapes version of Videotape than that of the live versions I've heard. I just looooooove the more reserved ending of the song with Thom humming. :yes: Ace.

xaviMF22 said:
not to derail this thread or anything:wink:.....
but have you guys heard this videotape mix mix some guy did....its awesome:wink:

hxxp://download.ysi.com/9DAC0893517D8013

:drool:

(i hope radiohead doesn't wait until christmas with releasing lp7. and i want ed to do more funny little noises).

:yes: I'm praying for a Spring/Early Summer release with a tour in the fall. That would be simply scrumtralescent.

Lancemc said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I much prefer Thom's vocal approach to the Basement Tapes version of Videotape than that of the live versions I've heard. I just looooooove the more reserved ending of the song with Thom humming. :yes: Ace.

actually I prefer the hammersmith version, the first time they debuted the song...:drool:

it had this awesome buildup that they took out in the later versions......:(

listen to it here.....
hxxp://download.ysi.com/E2B616F379AF9432

listen to the part where Thom sings

This is my way of saying goodbye
Because I can't do it face to face

the song build up to this EXPLOSIVE moment

hope they put it back in the recorded version:(

do you think that radiohead listen to something like this fan mix and get inspired?

how about this awesome "Arpeggi "mix
a mix of the Ether performance, with another of their most recent tour

hxxp://download.you send it.com/D1596D1972EC13E5

"Arpeggi" will be the highlight of "GOD":drool: :drool:

System busy
We're sorry but the file you are trying to download is temporarily unavailable due to heavy usage of our system.

Please try downloading your file again after waiting a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please wait and then click here to return to the file download page.

Yeah, that version of Videotape is quite delicious. Sitll not convinced though. I love the build-up during the line you pointed out, but I feel overall the build-up doesn't really have a good release, and not in a good With or Without You way either.

Still think I prefer the FTB version myself.

Great song.

How about All I Need?

hauntingly beautiful with light shades of High & Dry and No Surprises and a sweet melody.

:drool:

I'm the next act
waiting in the wings
I'm a flash flood
running through your ground floor
I am all the days
that you choose to ignore

You are all I need
You are all I need
I'm in the middle of a picture
Lying in the leaves

I'm a cloud of moths
who just wants to share your light
I'm just an insect
trying to get out of the night

You only stick with me
because there are no others

You are all I need
You are all I need
I'm in the middle of a picture
Lying in the leaves

It's all wrong
It's all right
It's all wrong

All I Need is one of my favorite new songs, and probably my favorite new lyric. Hauntingly beauitful imagery. Painful song, I love it.

U2Man said:
lyrics-wise, thom yorke should be compared to michael stipe, not bono. thom yorke is michael stipe + fear and anxiety.
I do feel fear andanxiety seeing Michael Stipe being compared to Thom Yorke

Back
Top Bottom