Lets See Your Christmas Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I just finished putting it up. :D

tree12-06.jpg

Now you go.

Well done, Chiz, I can see a lot of effort went into that. :applaud:

Don't have one b/c of lack of space and cats, but I do have this tiny fake one w/ blue lights. :( The only pic I have is this one w/ Posh.

Pets%20Nov%2027%2006%20009.jpg

If you live in Michigan, your tree is probably coming from our friends' farm (Dutchman Tree Farms). They have the biggest Christmas tree farm in the state and I think even the country! My parents got a Frasier Fir today from Lowes (who gets them from Dutchman). It smells sooooo good!

Last edited:
Liesje said:
Don't have one b/c of lack of space and cats, but I do have this tiny fake one w/ blue lights. :( The only pic I have is this one w/ Posh.

Pets%20Nov%2027%2006%20009.jpg

If you live in Michigan, your tree is probably coming from our friends' farm (Dutchman Tree Farms). They have the biggest Christmas tree farm in the state and I think even the country! My parents got a Frasier Fir today from Lowes (who gets them from Dutchman). It smells sooooo good!

AW what a cute pic :happy: :cute:

JCOSTER said:
Everyone has such nice trees no matter what size or color or how many ornaments you have....its still a christmas tree!

thank you

dsc00112vv3.jpg

Our tree after falling onto the coffee table because SOME MALE SIBLING of mine refused to tighten the bolts at the bottom. This lead to the destruction of about 30 ornaments, most of which were 30+ years old. :happy:
And then he took an ax to the tree in frustration and made it small, ugly and misshapen. I :love: my brother!

Anyway, a close up of our decorations:

I refuse to show the hack job that my brother did to the tree. It's no longer triangle shaped, it's more like a hideous diamond.
Our outside decorations came out much better. :sigh:

I refuse to show the hack job that my brother did to the tree. It's no longer triangle shaped, it's more like a hideous diamond.
Our outside decorations came out much better. :sigh:

Tree hug. :hug:

That's too bad about the ornaments. The tree still has a lot of character, even though it might be hideous. (I'm trying to see the positives here.) Take solace in the fact that many families share your tree issues...and brother issues. We've had some legendary tree stand battles in my family. I remember one time, when I was placing the tree in the stand, I got down flat on the floor to reposition it. While I was doing this, I asked my mother and sister to hold the tree. The thing somehow slipped, and nipped my hand against the floor. Apparently, from their hilarious recollection of events, my yells of pain sounded almost German-like: "My hund, my hund!!

I swore the whole night, and they disowned me for a few hours. I eventually got the tree up straight by strategically wrapping speaker wire around the trunk, and then tying it to a small hook on the wall behind it. Christmas can be heaven, but sometimes you go through a little hell to reach it. Then, of course, it becomes a beautiful story to share...all at the expense of us well-meaning brothers. :sad:

11870Christmas_tree06-med.jpg

This is last week. My parents gave me a tree topper and some more ornaments this week so it looks a little different now. The brown furry object in the bottom half of the pic sort of to the left is my dog stepping into the picture.

Back
Top Bottom