lets pretend to get socially aware about something u2 cares about, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
i'm going to arrest myself and imprison my ego in my (rented) house for 46 weeks in a show of solidarity.

I am with Angie! Can someone handcuff us together?

PLEASE?

Zoomerang96 said:

don't you ever listen to u2? then pay attention to their message. their UNIVERSAL MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE.

Excuse me.

BONO is not a pacifist.

He said so in a UN resolution.

what a great idea, bear!!

i forwarded your e-mail to everyone on my list.

i even added that little part at the end. you know, that part that goes:

'if you send this to at least 42.5 people and the person that sent it to you in the next 2.5 minutes, your wish will come true!'

this can't fail, guys! it's foolproof!

let's carry each other, guys!

Sicy said:
Why is it always 'guys'??? Why not 'girls' ??? :angry:

get out of here with your ultra-liberal feminist agenda. . .we're talking about REAL social inequalities and injustice here. . go back to ironing your man's Banana Republic pleated slacks woman. .don't you know there are still actually women on this planet who don't have access to the Rowenta DX-9800 Perfect Steam Iron?! count your blessings (oh yeah, and have your man petition your leaders to do something about that on your behalf)! :tsk:

thanks for posting this zoomerang96, i mean, its not like i didnt think of the same shit at the same time, just cant do anything about it.

I dunno about you guys, but my contributions to global charity are scarce. Mainly because whenever they come calling I have to act embarrassed and explain to them how, give or take what happens this week, I might become one of their 'clients'. That's not easy to explain to people when you're wearing your brand new Elevation Tour tshirt, but it is possible. Just remember to sprinkle bits of food on your shirt and preferably be unshaven. Cause, let's face it guys, if you don't answer the door in a suit and tie with immaculate grooming, you must be fucked.

Aside from all that, I support U2's agenda to promote social justice while cordoning off their wealth from any possible taxation in their homeland. Makes good busine$$ sense to me, guys. Besides, as a loyal shareholder, I'd expect nothing le$$.

keiran, girls like you should get the fuck off this site. i'm sick of you anti bono-ists complaining all the time and veiling it under sarcasm! bono is a wonderful beautiful man who smells really lovely. he has also opened up everyone's eyes to the ails of the world. who else can hobnob fluidly with leaders of all persuasions???????? bono is singlehandedly healing africa. and possibly haiti. or is it somewhere else? i cant remember. anyway, point is, he is saintly and people like you dont belong within these forum walls! he deserves your unwaivering respect!!
:angry:

TripThruUreWires said:

get out of here with your ultra-liberal feminist agenda. . .we're talking about REAL social inequalities and injustice here. . go back to ironing your man's Banana Republic pleated slacks woman. .don't you know there are still actually women on this planet who don't have access to the Rowenta DX-9800 Perfect Steam Iron?! count your blessings (oh yeah, and have your man petition your leaders to do something about that on your behalf)! :tsk:

Goddamn that made me laugh.

YEs angela harlem, i know bono is doing great things through his ability to talk to leaders of both types, right and ultraright.... but still, i just can't shake this nagging desire to throttle him while wearing my ELEVATION TOUR tshirt which is now stained with up to five years worth of food and other assorted crap.

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOooooo

xtremepoor.jpg

That last one is funny. The debt relief is actually to free up third-world african nations to buy more munitions for government-support militia, though.

Guys, guys, knock it off! You are going to screw up Bono's chances of winning the Nobel Prize and we can't have that because he's gotten absolutely no recognition for what's he's doing and it's SOOOOOO unfair!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom