Let's make up new meanings for MTV and VMA...being nice is not necessary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
In light of our recent frustration/anger/total dumbfoundedness at the recent VMA awards, I thought it may relieve us to make fun of all of it in a fun way...so have at it!
biggrin.gif

Tell us what MTV VMA means to you now.

Like: MTV = More Trash Videos get awards here
VMA = Videos Made in Ashtrays

Ok so mine are dumb but you get the idea.

Vicious Moronic Assholes
Mangey Teenybopper Viewers
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I know a whole new meaning for MTV:

Music TeleVision

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

MTV: Malignant Teenage Values

VMA: Ventriloquists Masturbating Apparently

Luckily, I only have 2 channels right now.. and neither of them is MTV.

---------------------
"These group behaviors are particularly exciting to watch, but equally interesting are things individual ants do, such as foraging, following trails, and cleaning themselves."

A Guide to Observing Insect Lives

I'm sorry. I hope you don't hold it against me but I happen to like MTV.

Yes, it's not very tasteful most of the time but, I grew up with it and so did a lot of you. And I think it has influenced most of you in a more positive way than you want to admit.

Not that U2 needed them but, they wouldn't be who they are if it weren't for MTV. I know they don't really care about the VOLUME of money they have obtained over the years but, let?s be real. Without that kind of money (and the influence that comes from it) you can't open certain doors and be part of certain venues. So, I guess in my opinion, the exposure from MTV has allowed them to do the constructive things they have been doing for the world and not just fill a garage up with exotic cars.

I was very happy to see them finally get the Video Vangard.
biggrin.gif

I have one question for all of you though.
When Carson Daly was giving them props and going over their biography, he said, "13 albums...."

I own: Boy, October, War, Under a Blood Red Sky, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, Best of U2 1980-1990, and All That You Leave Behind.

That's only 12. I thought I had them all. What am I missing?

------------------
U2 is the best Band Ever!

Back
Top Bottom