Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Who wants to lose some weight? I sure do!

I've heard it said that when you make your goals public, you stand a better chance of succeeding. If this is true, then by proclaiming a weight loss goal before the entire Interference community I may just be able to stick with the program.

Therefore, I pledge to lose at least 2 pounds every week for the next month. Can I do it? We shall see.

I suggest everyone joins in the fun and shares their tips and their progressive methods for healthy living.

:mad:

I just weighed myself...

238 lbs.

Now, I've been exercising consistly for the past two months and have actually lost 7 lbs. The problem appears to be too much food and too much alcohol, because I was aiming for 220 by this time.

I'll cut out the fried foods, and start eating smaller meals at home instead of eating out all the time.

Good luck Dano. :up:

Cutting back on the fried food, takeaways and alcohol will definately help.

I cant diet at the moment due to "my condition" but I will join you later in the year when the babys out but my tummies still there. :down:

I have a feeling this doesn't belong in the EYKIW forum and will be moved...but I'm sure I'll find it again.
Sounds like a damn good idea to me Dano. It is possible to have a dog and be overweight. You just have to constantly watch what you eat and expend the right amount of energy. My weight has fluctuated for years and I know for sure I feel heaps better when I'm not overweight and am fitter. Observation Honesty and Effort...sounds easy, but it's not always. I hear ya Dano:) Good luck

Buy yourself a juicer or a smoothie maker using fruit ect, I was drinking these for about two weeks when I first got mine and someone at work thought I had lost a bit of wait and I wasn't even trying to! Do need a bit of toning up though!

They are filling and can replace, say, your usual lunch, and have a proper meal in the evening or whatever way round you want to.

Forget those fad diets, just excersise and eating healthy is the way to go! :bow: <----- sit ups! lol

I hate fad diets. Eating less calories, regardless of the type of food, and walking work best for me. But right now I've got nowhere to walk, my neighborhood has gotten so bad I'm afraid. The mall is boring. :sigh:

I am on a diet and workout plan with a co-worker of mine. We started the South Beach Diet about 1 week ago. It is great. I have lost 3 lbs already. And since I disclocated my knee several weeks back, I am forced back into the gym for physical therapy. 20 mins a day on the bike and I just started to use the eliptical machine! It is good stuff. By the end of Summer my legs are going to be smokin! :drool:

Yesterday I bought two really cute, but tight tank tops on sale at Gap. They're my incentive to get back into doing ab workouts everyday and get my flat tummy and six pack back!!!

I weighed myself today, coincidentally. It looked as if I'd lost some weight since the last time (which was a couple of months ago :)). People also said to me it looked like I'd lost some weight, now there's proof! :D
Anyway, it wasn't that much (about 2 or 3 kilos), but at least I'm now under 95 kilos, which is good.

C ya!

Marty (also needs to do something about his abs...)

yes, yes, yes......count me in here. I have been trying to loose weight of late, I am 5'9 and weigh 75kgs and I absolutely hate the weight that I have on, in the space of one year I have put on around 7kgs and it is just not budging.....I have looked at my diet and limited the carbs and drastically reduced my alcohol and now I am trying to go for at least a 20min walk everyday, but still nothing much is happening...In the past I have lost weight by doing abolutely nothing, I guess this is one of the joys of gettng older, weight just gets harder to loose....

But anyway my goal is to be down to 65kgs by December of this year, so that is about 10kgs to loose...... I will keep you all posted, and to anyone in the know, fitness wise, is this a realistic and attainable goal?????:|

when i make my goals public, even if i so much as say 'ok, i'm going to listen to this song now', i NEVER end up doing what i said i was going to do.

losing wieght...yeah i should do that. i keep trying to go out running, and not.... i've been eating more vegetables and less dessert lately.

Count me in on the dieting. I have gained 10lbs since Feb 13, and I need to lose that for dignity, PLUS at least another 5 for this horrendous bicycle marathon I've started training for. :|

We need all the support systems we can find in this never ending struggle....:sigh:

i need to lose weight too.

my goal is to be fifty pounds lighter by next summer.

Weight Watchers worked for my family. I dropped 10 pounds or so. I need to start rollerblading again. I haven't been in a hockey clinic in more than a year and now I'm out of shape. :( I get exercise at school but it's just not enough anymore...

It was kind of funny, I was doing ice hockey and Weight Watchers at the same time, but without the calculator to measure your food intake and your exercise. We have one of those *now* and it turns out my sister and I were half starving. Which would explain why we were so damn hungry all the time...

I'm doing weight watchers. I had lost a bunch of weight, gained some of it back, but now I am determined to finish what I started.

My secrets to weight loss:

Write down everything you eat
Drink lots of water
Control your portions
Plan ahead

Count me in :yes:

My goal is to lose about 10 kilos before my next trip overseas which is about November.

I've started controlling my food portions and walking around the block for 30-40 minutes several times a week. My neighbourhood is dull as hell but at least I live on a brightly lit street with lots of traffic and my walkman helps a lot, :)

My biggest obstacle so far is the weekend meals I have at my Dad and his partner's place. In the great Russian tradition they'll try to feed you until you burst at the seams, will never take the first several "Nos" for an answer, and my Dad will smuggle the next helping on your plate the minute you're not watching it, :)

Last edited:
I'm in...I started low carb (again) on April 4th and as of today, I've lost 11 pounds. I have 23 pounds to go to reach my goal, which will remain a secret until I get there!

I haven't been to the gym in 4 weeks but hopefully I can fit it in this week...I found out on a not-so-hard hike with Mrs. Edge a few weeks ago that I REALLY need to work on my cardio :|

I want to lose 5-10lbs, but I know that's not going to happen. :sigh:

I wish I could lose about 10lbs of muscle in my legs as well!!

meegannie said:

I wish I could lose about 10lbs of muscle in my legs as well!!

I'd like that too, Meggie. It'd be nice to be able to zip boots up over my big muscly calves..........

:mad:

My diet started again today in earnest. Low carb, low fat & all healthy stuff like lean chicken and green veg :up:

I am determined to have inoffensive legs by the summer

geez Dano, you've started something here.
I have written similar things in the journals and then deleted them
It's a sensitive subject for me, so I'm glad you spoke out.

I found this thread at the right time. I'm joining weight watchers (again)tonight.
I lost 30lbs. last year with them, quit going to meetings, and guess what, gained every pound back.
I refuse to buy bigger jeans.

OzAurora said:
I have looked at my diet and limited the carbs and drastically reduced my alcohol and now I am trying to go for at least a 20min walk everyday, but still nothing much is happening...In the past I have lost weight by doing abolutely nothing, I guess this is one of the joys of gettng older, weight just gets harder to loose....

Same thing I say to everyone... get your thyroid checked. I was keeping my weight down by literally eating every other day and walking 8 miles a day and it was still not doing much, (not that that was a healthy way to be eating) finally got tested and it turned out my thyroid was shot to hell. Don't let them fob you off with "it's normal", make them give you the exact numbers and explain them to you and if you're up at the "high" end of normal see if they will start you on some synthetic thyroid to kick your metabolism up again.

yes I have done research via the net on the whole thyroid thing and I have been taking kelp tablets recently and I have been eating those japanese nori rolls to up my seaweed intake which is rich in iodince which helps boost the metabolism via the thyroid....what I have figured is that if I try to stick to my plan of limited carbs (not completely withdrawn from my diet, but a quarter of what I used to eat, when you are a vegetarian, ones diet consists of a great deal of carbs!!!), limited alcohol and walking and if nothing has happened by the end of two months, I will be seeing a doctor and asking for the blood tests, thyroid tests and everything else.......just have to wait and see what happens....:|

clay henry! clay henry!

i need to get myself back into my ole basketball playing shape... which was about 20 pounds ago...

which means i have to go from this...
--->
b5.jpg

...back down to this...
--->
brockport2.jpg

...and do it all by june 28th...

it shall be done.

Last edited:
I need to lose lots of weight for my wedding LOL. Right now I weigh 170 and i've lost about 10 pounds so far. My ideal and dream weight would be for me to go back to my weight when I got my stomach surgery 145lbs although some people thought I was a bit too skinny for my 6'0" height but hey there wasn't an ounce of fat on me :D But realistically i'd like to lose about 10-15 more pounds before June 26 :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom