Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can say that I am much stronger and fitter than I was in February, but still 10lbs heavier.

Since I started my diet, I keep losing and gaining and losing and gaining.....it's so tiresome. I am so depressed. :( I am going to have to revise my goal for August. :|

The problem is all these work functions with food, trips out with friends and visits with Paul. I am continually sabotaging my good work. But I used to be able to lose weight much more quickly, this must be a sign of age.

What we need here is a thread for us non-losers to cheer each other up.

This week I have started doing more sit- ups and leg excercises and started skipping too.

I have also started going walking with my parents in the evening, they have turned me into an eejit and everytime we pass the video cameras at the park we do lunges :reject: I walked faster than them and did 3 laps of the park walking briskly/ jogging, we also walked through university a bit and back to the car.

And we get to do it again tonight :crack:
I better notice some weight loss!
I have also started doing some suck - ups that they keep talking about in magazines/ online:

SO, what is a flab-gut supposed to do in order to get rid of that front pouch fanny pack that you can't use? Suck It Up!
That's right boys and girls, SUCK UPS! They are the lazyman's version of sit-ups, AND, if performed on a regular, consistent basis, WILL flatten your abdomen.

What, exactly IS a suck up, you may ask? It's actually just a momentary posture correction. You can do it sitting, standing, or laying down, no matter what your weight.

Simply put, suck your stomach in and up as far as you can, as if someone was trying to punch you, but by sucking your stomach in real hard, they missed. If you are extremely out of shape, you may not see a thing, but you will still feel the effect, and will eventually see the results.
Or, imagine trying to make your belly button touch your spine. To facilitate the effectiveness of this, try to stick your chest out as you suck your stomach in.
Don't hold it for more than a second, then relax to your regular slouchy self.
Now, do it again. If you take a moment, you will notice your shoulders drop and pull back a bit, which is like the old admonishment of "Sit up straight and put your shoulders back!" Your main focus, though, is your stomach. Suck it up!

The challenge for today is to do 10 Suck ups. Just 10. It won't hurt you, it IS exercise, and it IS focused on a specific trouble area. No equipment, no real commitment, just something to do to see if you can do 10.

I have been forced to go on the liquid diet since I am really sick. The doctor weighed me today and since Friday, I weigh 5 lbs lighter. :| This is not healthy weight lost.

Lara Mullen said:
This week I have started doing more sit- ups and leg excercises and started skipping too.

I have also started going walking with my parents in the evening, they have turned me into an eejit and everytime we pass the video cameras at the park we do lunges :reject: I walked faster than them and did 3 laps of the park walking briskly/ jogging, we also walked through university a bit and back to the car.

And we get to do it again tonight :crack:
I better notice some weight loss!
I have also started doing some suck - ups that they keep talking about in magazines/ online:

SO, what is a flab-gut supposed to do in order to get rid of that front pouch fanny pack that you can't use? Suck It Up!
That's right boys and girls, SUCK UPS! They are the lazyman's version of sit-ups, AND, if performed on a regular, consistent basis, WILL flatten your abdomen.

What, exactly IS a suck up, you may ask? It's actually just a momentary posture correction. You can do it sitting, standing, or laying down, no matter what your weight.

Simply put, suck your stomach in and up as far as you can, as if someone was trying to punch you, but by sucking your stomach in real hard, they missed. If you are extremely out of shape, you may not see a thing, but you will still feel the effect, and will eventually see the results.
Or, imagine trying to make your belly button touch your spine. To facilitate the effectiveness of this, try to stick your chest out as you suck your stomach in.
Don't hold it for more than a second, then relax to your regular slouchy self.
Now, do it again. If you take a moment, you will notice your shoulders drop and pull back a bit, which is like the old admonishment of "Sit up straight and put your shoulders back!" Your main focus, though, is your stomach. Suck it up!

The challenge for today is to do 10 Suck ups. Just 10. It won't hurt you, it IS exercise, and it IS focused on a specific trouble area. No equipment, no real commitment, just something to do to see if you can do 10.

Congrats BAW! :applaud: (and everyone else who is sticking with it :hug: )

Sorry Carrie, I haven't checked in here for a bit - you may find some good info and ideas in the vegetarian section of a low carb forum I visit. That page is at http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=109 - in case you can't go there without registering (although I think you can still lurk), go to http://forum.lowcarber.org/. About halfway down the page is a link for "Low Carb Health and Technical Forums", and in that section is a link for "Vegetarian Low Carbers". Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
alright I am going to post the dreaded lbs on here.

When I started this whole thing I weighed in at 175 :reject: :tsk:

Today, I weigh 165 :D

Goal weight 145.

I think it can be done.

Last edited:
I'm all for this whole public thing too, I'm joining you! I've got a bit of a head start though ;) I started on a serious diet in July last year and 'till Christmas I lost 30 lbs, going from 170 to 140. Then I stopped, I think I lost my motivation over winter and the holiday excess.... But I'm picking it up again now and the goal is another 10 lbs by July, shouldn't be bloody impossible should it?
I've been working out pretty good althrough winter and I ride my bike to work and I just back to running. Last week hasn't been very good though but I'm grabbing myself by the neck again. No if and buts, no skiving, I've just got to do it. Grrr!

Mrs. Edge said:

What we need here is a thread for us non-losers to cheer each other up.
:yes:
:hug: MrsEdge :hug:

your parents sound cool lara
lol@"suck ups"
what did my sister have me doing last summer? :laugh:
you had to imagine a button in your navel that was stitched to your spine, something being held between your shoulder blades and a fifty dollar note between your buttocks.
:lmao:
and then you had to look relaxed and walk and talk at the same time
:hmm:

I like that term "non-losers".
I've been lost, don't know why, but checking in here with you guys gives me some hope

thanks

Update: Watching the Rocky films on AMC has motivated me to further escalate my workout. I've run 3 miles on two occasions this week and have completely eliminated soda from my diet.

I've lost nearly 5 lbs in the past two weeks, so the results are finally beginning to surface.

Here's a not-too-conventional tip which may or may not be all that practical for everyone here (oh, this also may not apply to "stress eaters" and, well, those of the male gender):

give birth to a super-duper hyperactive baby.
yes, you may gain wait at first (ala the prenatal period). . . but
boom! before you know it, you're skinnier than you
ever were in your entire lifetime! People that knew you
were still pregnant not more than 6 months earlier will insist that
you're a magician.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom