Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2004, 01:07 PM   #61
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Me too! In fact, last night I went out for chinese buffet with Lucky Charms (formerly Guaca) and had:

2 helpings of noodles
2 helpings of potatoes (they do reaaaaaaly good ones!)
Rice
2 bbq ribs
4 breaded shrimp
teriyaki Chicken
pepper beef
various veggies
2 dumplings (pork I think)
2 pieces of coconut cream pie
2 nanaimo bars
2 chocolate covered strawberries
2 watermelon slices
2 pineapple slices

(did I mention I eat things in even numbers )

It's no wonder I never lose weight!!!!! I went home and cycled on the recumbent bike for an hour, hopefully that put a small dent in it...

Old 05-04-2004, 05:20 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Yesterday I had:

1) Lunch: A double sonic cheeseburger with large fries, and a large Dr. Pepper (Bad)

2) Dinner: Three small pieces of chicken, more mashed potatoes than I needed, green salad (lots), and green beans. I drank water.

3) Late night snack-fest: One taco supreme, one bean burrito, and one fiesta burrito from Taco Hell.

Additional stuff: 2 scotch and waters with friends, 2 rum and cokes with my parents.

TODAY I've had:

1) Lunch: Foot-long submarine sandwich with all that crap (meats, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, and mayo). a small bag of chips, and two glasses of Pepsi.

2) A 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew.

3) Dinner will probably be heavier than normal since I'm joining my parents and family friends at a catfish restuarant where they basically serve you all the cole slaw, pinto beans and fish you'd ever want to eat.

I'll have't to do twice my normal exercises after today.

But I went for a hike this afternoon (roughly 2 1/2 miles) and got some sun. Tonight I will crunch away my fat and laziness.

Hoo-Ahhh!

Old 05-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #63
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:07 AM
moo-moo and diet dont rhyme! i just do a sit up now and again, and the odd press up, then i fall flat on my face and crawl into bed!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

LOW CARB PPL! ---

I was wondering for all of you low-carb ppl what you do to limit your carb intake.. I am a vegetarian, and though it keeps the weight off for the most part, it's hard to limit my carbs. Can any of you give me advice? If I could just lose 5-7 lbs, I'd be so happy.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:29 PM   #65
Refugee

I don't believe in abusing my body by way of eliminating carbs. I DO believe in exercising everyday and limiting the portions of favorite foods. Tonight for example, I just went to dinner at that catfish place. I ended up taking 3/4 of my order home in a doggybag, because I simply didn't feel like eating it. In the past I would have forced myself to eat every bit for fear of wasting food and being one of those people that appears cheap because they take it home. I don't care about my image as much in that respect, so in affect, I didn't consume 200 to 400 calories by guilt.

I drink less alcohol as well...this was a huge contributor to my weight explosion, so it's helps to limit my consumption. What's funny is that while writing this I've drunk 2 rum and cokes and feel like another. Of course I'll kill myself with the exercising tonight and tomorrow, but life's about living and living is about having fun. Pain will come later...now it's time to party!!!!!!!1
Old 05-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #66
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Low carb is all very well for awhile, I have tried it, but honestly, I just can't stick to it long term, and there are actually GOOD carbs that you can and should be able to eat without guilt, especially as a vegetarian! I can't understand how vegetarians do low carb. I just couldn't, especially as I am allergic to peanuts so I would lose one of the only protein sources you get!

I also can't imagine how I could do an hour of cycling with no carbs in my system. I'd pass out. My main problem is that I am really good for awhile and then I go on these monstrous binges, where I eat too much of EVERYTHING, carbs and otherwise. I also think that my metabolsim is slowing down with age (this does happen every 10 years unfortunately)...but I sure hope that the exercising will do something to reverse that.

I just don't understand why I was 10lbs lighter in February, and nothing I do seems to get rid of it!
Old 05-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
The GI diet is a better option for vegetarians. IT works on the basis of eliminating sugar and certain carbs.

For instance, for lunch today I had 2 slices of ham with one slice of wholegrain bread, and lettuce and tomato. Then I had some grapes and a fat free, sugar free yoghurt.

For breakfast I will have porridge made with jumbo oats

GI Diet

It's amazing how much sugar manufacturers add to low fat food
Old 05-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

What's the GI diet?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
its written by a guy called Rick Gallop, and the book's just called 'The GI Diet'

http://www.gidiet.com/
Old 05-05-2004, 10:39 PM   #70
Refugee

I am really hating the fact that I am sick right now, because it has forced me out of the gym for 3 days.

One thing that really annoys me when I start to do some serious running *well more like on the eliptical machine now* is that my feet take a beating.

I feel the need to get a pedicure very soon.

Anyway, it is always rewarding to wear clothing you haven't worn in over a year and it fit very well and not snug. It is always rewarding to hear your friends tell you "wow you have lost weight!" "you look great!"

That is great motivation, as well as the fact it is getting very hot down here and I will be forced to wear tanks and shorts as much as possible. I do not want nasty flab anywhere.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:17 AM   #71
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
LOW CARB PPL! ---

I was wondering for all of you low-carb ppl what you do to limit your carb intake.. I am a vegetarian, and though it keeps the weight off for the most part, it's hard to limit my carbs. Can any of you give me advice? If I could just lose 5-7 lbs, I'd be so happy.

Thanks!
Here's a website that may be of interest to you!

http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/

Old 05-06-2004, 05:54 AM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have been eating far too much cake and stuff recently

I have put on a good 6 pounds in the past few weeks, so I'm going to have to be very good with my diet

Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #73
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
I have been eating far too much cake and stuff recently

I have put on a good 6 pounds in the past few weeks, so I'm going to have to be very good with my diet

Perhaps being unemployed will help you lose weight
Old 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM   #74
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Lo-carbo, and equipment?

The other thing people need to be REALLY careful of with the low-carbohydrates, high protein thing -- it can give you kidney problems from HELL, more often for women than for men.

My mom and brother have lost a bunch of weight on the South Beach principle diet thing - the first two weeks are hell but after that it is much more reasonable about balancing carbohydrate intake.

For me it's a little more difficult to diet as I have two things working against me - one is a shot-to-hell thyroid which is what got me all this extra weight in the first place
(treating it now, yay synthroid)
and the other is an autoimmune disease of the digestive system called celiac sprue - I can't consume anything with gluten in it, which means anything made from wheat and related grains, rye, barley, or oats. Ironically it's one of the things that makes me "certifiably Irish" as it affects one of every 300 people from (or descended from natives of) the south of Ireland.
So it's Rice and potatoes for me, and that's about it.

I love my NordicTrak. I've beaten the holy hell out of the thing over the years and it's only now needing new parts. Has anyone got a favorite piece of equipment, or one they got the best 'results' from?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #75
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 PM
It was weigh day today

Down 1.2 pounds