Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am using my measurements as a method of weighing myself.

and that I will not post here! :no:

I will say that today I did:

20 mins on the bike
20 mins on the eliptical machine

yesterday:
1.5 hours of pure strength training w/ the trainer and 10 mins of electro therapy on my quads.

I know this will all pay off in the end.

I did 20 push ups, 20 sit-ups, and 25 leg lifts because my sister's been doing them and is taunting me.

I find exercising like this so boring, I hate it. I like rollerblading or hockey so much better. It's really going to be quite difficult to keep doing it.

I going to do my daily exercise (100 cruches, 50 push ups, 50 jumping jacks, 10 minutes of aerobics)

Boo-yah!

i need to lose 15-20 lbs.

All the cholesterol and fat is spawning facial pimples (among other places) at the age of 28.

Yesterday, I swam 600m in less than 30 minutes... got a headache. and today, i had no desire to go out swimming again cuz i was so tired.

Last edited:
I had a function at work yesterday...I missed out on piles of cookies, nanaimo bars, pasta salad....well, I had about 2 tablespoons of it, which was VERY good for me. I had a glass of red wine too. But overall, not a bad start.

Today I'm starting my cycling. :sigh:

I forgot my lunch so fortunately i'm not having anything....except my fiance said that after we work out we're going to get an icecream down at the bordwalk :shame: MG

Not helping me out LOL

Well I just had my dinner and it was very nice. I stir fried some minced beef with courgettes, mushrooms and tomatoes, and added some wourcestershire sauce, red wine and guinness mustard

It was very yummy, if not at all low fat (although I drained as much fat from the beef as I could). I suppose technically I haven't broken my diet as there were next to no carbs in it, but I don't really like eating fatty food if I can help it

I hate having to watch my weight :mad:

Danospano said:
I going to do my daily exercise (100 cruches, 50 push ups, 50 jumping jacks, 10 minutes of aerobics)
:applaud: that's the spirit
I decided to to have carrot and celery juice for lunch today, first time in ages, and my juice extractor made a popping sound and then very smelly electrical smoke started pouring out of it. YUK!! I have had it for years, but not a good start eh?
And today I gave my exercise bike to my eldest son. He's packed on some excess weight lately, not a good thing at only 21 years of age.I'll find another bike in my travels one day.
I stumbled upon a pic of myself (torso) that I took to make an avatar for here when "Electrical Storm " was released , wearing my "Alladinsane" lightening bolt t-shirt and my fave black jeans. I was shocked and saddened. It was good to be slim again and feeling good in clothes and in general. I cleaned out my wardrobe today, all the Size 10 clothes that don't fit me anymore had to go. It really made me feel like crying:(
But that won't achieve anything will it?
Eat less, walk further :yes:
You saved me in the nick of time Dano...thanks man

Wednesday I worked out for 30 mins on the bike and step thingie and I walked about 5 miles around our neighbourhood and to the boardwalk.

Yesterday I worked out for another 30 mins and had a light dinner. Next time I go to work out i'm going to start working out on my arms

I put on 30 pounds in college--ugh :|

So far, I've lost six. Really, I'd be happy to lose just 20 of that...I'm tall and used to be quite twiggy. Now I lack a waist.

:mad:

My update: I'm still 240 lbs, but I've been eating less and exercising consistently for over 2 months. I HAVE noticed that I feel slimmer and that my clothes fit better than before. I guess that means I'm gaining muscles mass. I just wish I could get down to 220 or something, because I've never heard of a 6'1 person being considered "healthy" at 240 lbs.

All my friends tell me it's because of the muscle weighing more than the fat, thus I've built a ton of muscle, while not losing any weight. I knew this, but I thought I'd drop to at least 230 just from the diet alone.

Anyway, I feel better. I'm taking the vitamins, eatting responsibly, and a girl actually commented on how my physique was nicer than she thought. :) oh, yeah...and I've had a crush on this girl for a while :ohmy: ...oh yeah...and she's cuter than Drew Barrymore (if that means anything) :drool:

*Remember that food might be addictive, but it's no replacement for peace of mind.

Good news!!...imho
It wasn't the motor that blew on my juice extractor, just a capacitor. Hub fixed it for me. Back in business...juice business:)
We were watching a movie last night, about 8.30 pm I started up..."I'm hungry"...hub said "good". He knows how much happier I am when I don't overeat. He's been collecting lots of info about Atkins and GI and mentioning it a lot. My live-in personal trainer...handy.
Go for it everyone :up:

I've lost 2 lbs...feel my gut getting smaller...muscles are tighter...and I feel terrific all day long as a result.

Yay!

Just for fun, I got out a book called "The Dancer's Body Book" that I referred to a lot in the 80s when I was training to be a dancer. Here is an excerpt which explains a lot about why I have always loathed my body:

Like most dancers, Cynthia Harvey is practical and frank about her weight. She is conscious of any extra pounds and sets her own weight loss goals accordingly.

"I still want to lose 5lbs" she says. "My ideal weight would be ninety nine to one hundred and one pounds. I'm five feet four and a quarter, I look taller but am not all that tall..and I usually have a working weight of one hundred and six pounds. I feel strong at 106."

Every professional dancer must pay critical attention to his or her health needs. Diet and proper nutrition are hight on that list, and not only for beautiful bodies but for strong healthy bodies onstage and off.

This concern about diet is a real and very serious thing for dancers. "Before I joined the company (ABT) I weighed 110 lbs and I was heavy" says Susan Jaffe, a Principal dancer with the company. "The staff told me I had to lose weight before I could join the company."

It might seem unthinkable to the average person that at 110 lbs Susan weighed too much. Even though she's 5'5", and can carry 110 quite easily, she wasn't a thin dancer. Now she weighs an attractive 102 lbs, a weight she feels is "normal".

:crazy: :banghead: :scream:

Of course to be fair, dancers do need to be thin, and they do (for the most part) eat healthily. But it's just that there is no way in a BILLION YEARS that I could weigh 102 (I'm also 5'5"). I will be very lucky if I got back to my 125 goal for the August bikeathon!!!

Last edited:
Yet another person commented on how I'd been losing weight. I needed that observation, because I was beginning to think it wasn't noticable.

Hard work pays off, ehhh?

I've had tons of people coment that i've lost weight :D :D I dunno how many exactly but I've been going ot the gym 2-3 times a week and now i'm starting to work on my arms to get rid of the shakey stuff LOL

I have lost half a stone since January.
I am going to work really hard on eating very healthily and excercising more. :up:

Forgive me father dano...for I have sinned
big binge:(
I don't know why I do it, but geez it makes me feel bad

ah well...onwards and upwards
keep up the good work musiclovers

Back
Top Bottom