Let's lose some weight!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #16
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Count me in on the dieting. I have gained 10lbs since Feb 13, and I need to lose that for dignity, PLUS at least another 5 for this horrendous bicycle marathon I've started training for.

We need all the support systems we can find in this never ending struggle....

Old 04-18-2004, 11:45 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:54 AM
i need to lose weight too.

my goal is to be fifty pounds lighter by next summer.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:31 AM   #18
New Yorker
Weight Watchers worked for my family. I dropped 10 pounds or so. I need to start rollerblading again. I haven't been in a hockey clinic in more than a year and now I'm out of shape. I get exercise at school but it's just not enough anymore...

It was kind of funny, I was doing ice hockey and Weight Watchers at the same time, but without the calculator to measure your food intake and your exercise. We have one of those *now* and it turns out my sister and I were half starving. Which would explain why we were so damn hungry all the time...
Old 04-19-2004, 01:28 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:54 AM
I'm doing weight watchers. I had lost a bunch of weight, gained some of it back, but now I am determined to finish what I started.

My secrets to weight loss:

Write down everything you eat
Drink lots of water
Control your portions
Plan ahead

Count me in
Old 04-19-2004, 06:00 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:54 PM
My goal is to lose about 10 kilos before my next trip overseas which is about November.

I've started controlling my food portions and walking around the block for 30-40 minutes several times a week. My neighbourhood is dull as hell but at least I live on a brightly lit street with lots of traffic and my walkman helps a lot,

My biggest obstacle so far is the weekend meals I have at my Dad and his partner's place. In the great Russian tradition they'll try to feed you until you burst at the seams, will never take the first several "Nos" for an answer, and my Dad will smuggle the next helping on your plate the minute you're not watching it,
Old 04-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #21
The Flower
Local Time: 09:54 AM
I'm in...I started low carb (again) on April 4th and as of today, I've lost 11 pounds. I have 23 pounds to go to reach my goal, which will remain a secret until I get there!

I haven't been to the gym in 4 weeks but hopefully I can fit it in this week...I found out on a not-so-hard hike with Mrs. Edge a few weeks ago that I REALLY need to work on my cardio
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:54 PM
I want to lose 5-10lbs, but I know that's not going to happen.

I wish I could lose about 10lbs of muscle in my legs as well!!
Old 04-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Originally posted by meegannie

I wish I could lose about 10lbs of muscle in my legs as well!!
I'd like that too, Meggie. It'd be nice to be able to zip boots up over my big muscly calves..........

My diet started again today in earnest. Low carb, low fat & all healthy stuff like lean chicken and green veg

I am determined to have inoffensive legs by the summer
Old 04-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:54 AM
geez Dano, you've started something here.
I have written similar things in the journals and then deleted them
It's a sensitive subject for me, so I'm glad you spoke out.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #25
I found this thread at the right time. I'm joining weight watchers (again)tonight.
I lost 30lbs. last year with them, quit going to meetings, and guess what, gained every pound back.
I refuse to buy bigger jeans.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #26
Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Originally posted by OzAurora
I have looked at my diet and limited the carbs and drastically reduced my alcohol and now I am trying to go for at least a 20min walk everyday, but still nothing much is happening...In the past I have lost weight by doing abolutely nothing, I guess this is one of the joys of gettng older, weight just gets harder to loose....
Same thing I say to everyone... get your thyroid checked. I was keeping my weight down by literally eating every other day and walking 8 miles a day and it was still not doing much, (not that that was a healthy way to be eating) finally got tested and it turned out my thyroid was shot to hell. Don't let them fob you off with "it's normal", make them give you the exact numbers and explain them to you and if you're up at the "high" end of normal see if they will start you on some synthetic thyroid to kick your metabolism up again.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:20 AM   #27
Local Time: 04:54 AM
yes I have done research via the net on the whole thyroid thing and I have been taking kelp tablets recently and I have been eating those japanese nori rolls to up my seaweed intake which is rich in iodince which helps boost the metabolism via the thyroid....what I have figured is that if I try to stick to my plan of limited carbs (not completely withdrawn from my diet, but a quarter of what I used to eat, when you are a vegetarian, ones diet consists of a great deal of carbs!!!), limited alcohol and walking and if nothing has happened by the end of two months, I will be seeing a doctor and asking for the blood tests, thyroid tests and everything else.......just have to wait and see what happens....
Old 04-20-2004, 08:47 AM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 01:54 PM
clay henry! clay henry!

i need to get myself back into my ole basketball playing shape... which was about 20 pounds ago...

which means i have to go from this...

...back down to this...

...and do it all by june 28th...

it shall be done.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:32 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I need to lose lots of weight for my wedding LOL. Right now I weigh 170 and i've lost about 10 pounds so far. My ideal and dream weight would be for me to go back to my weight when I got my stomach surgery 145lbs although some people thought I was a bit too skinny for my 6'0" height but hey there wasn't an ounce of fat on me But realistically i'd like to lose about 10-15 more pounds before June 26
Old 04-20-2004, 01:14 PM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor
Count me in!