Let's go Red Wings! *clap clap clap clap clap*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why, monopoly, of course is the sport sula.

the red wings are the best monopoly team this side of pennsylvania avenue.

sticks, ice, puck, your states sport i believe...:mac:

Sula,

The sport, my dear friend, is hockey. And there are many reasons a woman should care about hockey...

fedya2.jpg

Woohoo! :drool:

kobayashi said:
why, monopoly, of course is the sport sula.

the red wings are the best monopoly team this side of pennsylvania avenue.

sticks, ice, puck, your states sport i believe...:mac:

LOL, LOL....very funny Koby. BTW, who do you like,...ahhh, I mean how many games will it take the Wings to claim their trophy? I say, Red Wings in 5!

irbe will win a couple but wings in 6.
i'm pulling for the canes though, nothing like seeing the 'little guy' win if my team can't do it, and the 'canes are just about as little as they come.
boy was i wrong on game 7 of wings - avs though. patty was terrible. there's a first for everything though.

i'm in montreal right now and am finding a lot of people around here are also pulling for the canes.

kobayashi said:
irbe will win a couple but wings in 6.
i'm pulling for the canes though, nothing like seeing the 'little guy' win if my team can't do it, and the 'canes are just about as little as they come.
boy was i wrong on game 7 of wings - avs though. patty was terrible. there's a first for everything though.

i'm in montreal right now and am finding a lot of people around here are also pulling for the canes.

I guess it's no surprise that people are pulling for the underdog. That seems to be the popular thing to do in sports. Although an underdog story is nice, I truly respect greatness b/c you never know when you might see it again. Maybe it is b/c I am a Yankees fan, but I find myself respecting the Wings and Lakers currently b/c it is an amazing thing to see the undertaking of a special/great thing in life; kind of like a live U2 show!!!!

BTW, did you hear that Pronger is out until January(torn ACL); I guess he could rehab with Peca.......26 days until the free agent signing period begins!!!

woohoo, now I am tracking with ya. Hockey. Yep, I guess it is a Minnesota sport...too bad I'm not really from here. ;)

Well may the best team win, I s'pose and may it be a good exciting game! :D

(still think it would have been better if it HAD been a monopoly team:p)

Sula, you might like to know that Kristi Yamaguchi's husband, Bret Hedican, is playing for the Carolina Hurricanes in the Stanley Cup Finals.

speedracer said:
Sula, you might like to know that Kristi Yamaguchi's husband, Bret Hedican, is playing for the Carolina Hurricanes in the Stanley Cup Finals.

speedracer, that pains me deeply. When I was 16 I had the biggest crush :heart: on Mr. Hedican when he was playing in the finals for the Canucks. lol

Grrr, score is tied. LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!! C'mon, boys!!

:D:D

P.S. I have a Shanny jersey, HG. My mom's taken to wearing it lately. :p

*Devils Sean Burke jersey (old green & red christmas tree jerseys from the '88)

but I think you win, cause Peter Ing was a career backup, what on earth possesed you??? and at least Burke is still around

Last edited:
That was just so that Detroit could win the Cup in game 5 at home. Uh, yeah.

The Wanderer said:
awww, poor little Wings fans are finally realizing how good Carolina is

Did I ever say they were bad? They're in the frickin Stanley Cup Finals, a shitty team wouldn't be.

If the Wings lose the Cup I won't die. Life will go on. I'm just sick of all this bickering and posturing over stupid shit. Honestly.

Ouch. That one hurt. I hate overtime losses.

There is no doubt the Red Wings need to play better from here forward. I don't think they underestimated the Hurricanes (and neither have I) but there is no question they were not playing their best game tonight. If they pull it together for Game 2, as I fully expect them to, all is well. If not ... I will be worried.

That said, I find the series much more exciting now. Bring on Thursday!

Oh, and although this thread seems to be in danger of turning into a hockey version of PLEBA (heh heh), I have to post this one. One of the greatest leaders in the game ... and not bad looking, if I do say so myself. :yes:

Attachments

• steve.gif
    steve.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 62
canes are a good team.

last nite they played well.

they very well might win the cup.

but either way this is gonna be another good final, after several bad ones over the last few years.

i take back my wings in 6 from yesterday and am gonna say its gonna go 7. i don't know who's gonna win though.

peter ing went to edmonton in 1993 when grant fuhr and glenn anderson came our way. my ing jersey was a gift from my scottish step grandmother. (i only know this cause my mom and i discussed it a couple of months ago) christmas was coming up and my grandparents were visiting from scotland. my step-grandmother asked my mom what i might like and at the time, i had just recently stopped liking the oilers all together(more or less after gretzky was traded) and focused all my attention on my hometown leafs. well peter ing was on his first year as a leaf, i believe, and a night or two before had played well and won a game. so my mom remembered that added to the fact that i now needed a maple leaf jersey and a peter ing jersey was mine.

i remember opening thinking it had to be clark but alas no. i didn't appreciate it's hidden value till i was 17 or 18, at the same time it entirely stopped fitting me.

and that's the story of my peter ing jersey.

[edit]please no pleba by the way, there are already is a pleba:tongue:[/edit]

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly getting my wish for an exciting series. I'd rather see Carolina get a few (not too many!) than watch 7-0 blowouts the whole way. Last night's game was good, but the Red Wings have got to cut down on penalties. 5 on 3 is a bad idea no matter how good your penalty killing unit is. That's my advice for Game 2, which I'm already getting psyched for!

*slips into PLEBA mode*

Love that lovely Stevie Y pic! He's a fine, manly man.

*slips back out*

lol at the mom bogarting the Shanny jersey. I have the Shanny shirt, a red wings jersey (no particular number), and an autographed Steve Yzerman card. It's my pride and joy!

Go Wings! We still believe!

I'm not too worried. The Wings didn't play particularly well--giving up a score on a 5-on-3, bungling a line change to give up the second goal, a turnover in OT *right behind the net*--and they only lost 3-2.

Wings in six still sounds about right.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

See that kind of information actually means something to me. lol. Figure skating. :D And don't get me started on Kristi Yamaguchi. Definitely one of the loveliest and most complete female skaters I've ever seen.

so are PLEBA moments now required for this thread?

*thinks for a moment*

here ya go...a man on ice skates, but not hockey. ;)

John Zimmerman! :D :heart:

Attachments

• zimmerman.jpg
    zimmerman.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom