Let's Go Red Sox!!!!!! Yahoooooooo!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: YAY!! I knew it!!! :dance: :love: :flirt:

I made this
soxfan.jpg
:D

If Grady (knows very) Little just leaves Timlin in to start the 9th, there's no drama, and the A's go down quietly. Williamson was spent from the weekend, Timlin had Sunday off and only faced 1 man in the 8th.

IWB: You at Umass? I went there many moons ago. Saw some of the old stomping grounds on the news after the game, you crazy kids need to pace yourselves, that was only the Division Series, if the Sox win it all you'll have to topple the library tower.

Ok, I tuned out at all the key moments, and they won again :hmm:

That collision was HORRIBLE, and they had to show it about 20 times. I hope they're both OK

And when that commentator mentioned the dreaded B word on that certain play, I wanted to wring his neck :angry:

The Red Sox need a bullpen-there's my expert analysys :D

I love your little banner Olive-very cute :)

great game, great game.....

I had a small conflict when two of my former Reds faced each other in the ninth
Williamson vs. Guillen

resulted in a walk

way to go Sox and Sox fans, I hope you beat the Yanks.....

Hewson said:
IWB: You at Umass? I went there many moons ago. Saw some of the old stomping grounds on the news after the game, you crazy kids need to pace yourselves, that was only the Division Series, if the Sox win it all you'll have to topple the library tower.

yeah i'm at umass.

i love how the guy who's written about 3 editorials in the collegian about how wrong the riots are was down there rioting with the rest of them...

i don't think the library needs help toppling over though...with the falling bricks and everything...:yikes:

ahhh my favorite part of last night's game... "that collision is really hard on the stomach to watch... as you can see here as we show it for the 500th time, this time in slow motion from the blimp cam"

the sawks love torturing themselves and their fans... can they actually pull off an ALCS over the Spankees? and can they actually win the world series? looks like there's a chance... but hey, this is a team that was one strike away from winning a championship in game 6 of the '86 series... twice... and managed to blow that with a few timely hits, an untimely wild pitch, and an infamous E-3...

The collision replays are nothing compared to some other famous sports injury replays, most notably Joe Theismann's leg snapped like a breadstick by LT, shown at least 50 times on MNF; and the Bengals' Tim Krumrie's broken leg in the Super Bowl, waggling in slow motion as he rolls over, seemingly held together only by his sock.
Now those were sickening, the collison wasn't much worse than you see on any given Sunday, just that it was baseball players and no protection from helmets. Surprisingly it happened many years after Mike Greenwell retired.(Ellis Burks still has headaches thanks to Greenie)
Damon may be lost for the ALCS though, which could make the Sox task vs The Yanks more daunting.

Yeah, I remember the Krumrie one like it was yesterday...Im also reminded of Jason Kendalls ankle hanging off the bone.....:down:

The only thing I didnt like to see was Mannys reaction to his HR, that was kinda bush league.....:down:

Hewson said:
Surprisingly it happened many years after Mike Greenwell retired.(Ellis Burks still has headaches thanks to Greenie)

I used to sit in the bleachers and chat with Ellis when he first came up before the games. I hated greenwell because of one collision he had with Ellis.

I wish Ellis had never left us.

Elvis Presley said:

The only thing I didnt like to see was Mannys reaction to his HR, that was kinda bush league.....:down:
While I think he admired the shot a bit too long, the announcers made that out to be more than it was, they were confused and thought he was taunting the A's dugout, when in fact he was pointing into the Sox dugout in celebration.
Still not necessary, but certainly not as egregious as it was made out to be.

Manny's reaction to his homer was well-loved by my school's baseball team. I thought they were gonna wet themselves when they showed it that many times... they screamed, applauded, and yelled "He knew it!!! He knew it!!! Look at him watch it!!! Now point!!! YEAH!!!!" each time. :tsk: Silly boys

Manny has been hammered in the press and by the fans for not producing in this series. While I am opposed to showboating like this, I think it was more a a reaction to how happy he was to finally do something to help the team.

of course, chizip's definition of 'nailed' is up for interpretation

:wink:

:lmao:

Go Sox!! I never ever ever watch baseball, but I just may do it a bit more often after last night's excitement.

PS: I have a new favourite team, and their sox are red. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom