Let's Go Red Sox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
baseball sucks during baseball season. it sucks even worse when people talk about it in december.

thetitans2k said:
baseball sucks during baseball season. it sucks even worse when people talk about it in december.
QFT.

Though, one can enjoy the smell of grass and the feel of one's girlfriend's inner thigh on a warm summer night at a minor league game. I can smell the funnelcake.

Last edited:
Back to the point - GO SOX

Though I'm getting sick of Theo. I don't think D-Matzuwhatshisname is worth 103 million and I want Freddy Hanley and Aramis back.

(And Jeff Bagwell while we're at it)

Bagwell is done and he'll be remembered as an Astro, not a Red Sock.
Matsuzaka could turn out to be a bargain considering he'll average less than 10mil per year. Remember, the 51mil bid doesn't go in his pocket.
Go Yankees!

A few of my coworkers just exchanged gifts today, as they are going out of town starting tomorrow.....both are Sox fans, both gave the other Sox paraphanelia.....I'm thrilled to have to look at this crap every day.

Someone sign Zito already.

My season ticket package is paid for and my fantasy book has arrived....

:wink:

That is why this thread!!!!!

Dread - where are yours? Mine are lower bleachers.

Just thought I'd share this from Simmons's mailbag if you haven't seen it yet:

Q: What did Bono say to the Yankees fan after hearing about the J.D. Drew and Julio Lugo signings?

"Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you!!!!!"
--Michael Rupp, Fairfield, Conn.

Red Sox are cool. Haven't seen them play but on my recent trip to the United States, I toured Fenway park which was an amazing place and i was absolutely gobsmacked at how much the city of Boston get behind their local sporting team.

Put us "sport loving AUssies" to shame....

Boston - bloody perfect city in every respect

Varitek said:
Dread - where are yours? Mine are lower bleachers.

Just thought I'd share this from Simmons's mailbag if you haven't seen it yet:

Well...I am in secion 41 row 28 seats 1-4. I have ten tickets. WE split things amongst a group of us who cannot afford them.

Drew has not signed...apparently he is damaged goods...

LOL

Who knew!

Of course God exists! The BoSox ended their 86 year drought and won the 2004 World Series. He's also got a sense of humor because this time He's shootin' a hundred years.

Dreadsox said:

Well...I am in secion 41 row 28 seats 1-4. I have ten tickets. WE split things amongst a group of us who cannot afford them.

Cool I'm in 42, row 8, seats 5 and 6 for night games. Well mostly I'm at school and my mom is there with various friends or she's sold the pair to coworkers (we can't afford the whole deal either but we like the monopoly on post season).

As for Drew :hyper: :dance: :hyper: :dance: :hyper: :dance: if it does fall through!

intedomine said:

Boston - bloody perfect city in every respect

Thanks mate! :happy: I love my city though I probably wouldn't call it perfect...but for sports it just about is, that is if you don't give a rat's ass about hockey and are OK with living in the 80s for basketball. Fortunately I'm a baseball, football, and european football girl.

Varitek said:
Back to the point - GO SOX

Though I'm getting sick of Theo. I want Freddy Hanley and Aramis back.
Theo was on tour with Pearl Jam in South America when Hanley Ramirez was dealt.
And who pray tell is Aramis?
Did Theo steal a bottle of your cologne?

Yes, in YankeeLand, not having won in 6 years might seem like a drought, but I think 17 seasons was our longest.(1979-1995) That era really sucked as far as The Boss signing lots of bad free agents, getting rid of lots of good talent and firing lots of managers.
I will tell you that I hated that whole dumbass curse that the BoSox had. I'm glad they finally won and I'm happy it's no longer mentioned. One thing about Boston that I don't like is that everywhere you go, you see a lot of anti Yankee apparel. Yankees this or Yankees that. Why not focus on the positives of your team instead of the negatives of another? In Yankeeland, we couldn't give a rat's ass about Boston. We have a World Series to win.

Back
Top Bottom