Let's Go Red Sox - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Well, Boston is always a thorn in the Yankees' side and vice versa, but last season, Boston finished in THIRD place, so the Yanks weren't as concerned with them, obviously.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Thanks mate! I love my city though I probably wouldn't call it perfect...but for sports it just about is, that is if you don't give a rat's ass about hockey and are OK with living in the 80s for basketball. Fortunately I'm a baseball, football, and european football girl.
Though I'm speaking purely from the perspective of an Australian tourist who spent just a week there...

Tell ya what, Boston Common has to be one of the most serene and vibrant places around....and everyone's so friendly....

So i'm a Red Sox fan just for that reason, though I've been a very half-arsed Celtics fan for years now, not that I like basketball all that much...

Old 12-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Well, Boston is always a thorn in the Yankees' side and vice versa, but last season, Boston finished in THIRD place, so the Yanks weren't as concerned with them, obviously.
Once we were out of it we were out of it, and yes, embarassingly so. That Friday double header against the Yankees in August: longest day of my life. I'll take the slightly better draft pick over pride.

Oh wait that's another thing we gave up to get Drew isn't it. (or maybe not :crossefingers: ) Who kidnapped Theo and replaced him with Dan Duquette?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Theo was on tour with Pearl Jam in South America when Hanley Ramirez was dealt.
And who pray tell is Aramis?
Did Theo steal a bottle of your cologne?
Oops meant Anibal. Theo was on his little holiday, yes, but apparently had a hand in that trade before he left and as an advisor.

I'm female, and no he didn't steal my cologne, though he did once turn down a marraige proposal from me. (it was a joke, I swear.) However he seems to have stolen his own original plan for the organization and flushed it down the toilet. That's why I'm getting sick of him.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
One thing about Boston that I don't like is that everywhere you go, you see a lot of anti Yankee apparel. Yankees this or Yankees that. Why not focus on the positives of your team instead of the negatives of another? In Yankeeland, we couldn't give a rat's ass about Boston. We have a World Series to win.
Have you ever BEEN to Yankee stadium when they're playing the Sox? Didn't think so, or you wouldn't have said this. It goes both ways, though our t-shirts are much funnier/more clever.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

i beg to differ... as someone who was once completely on the sidelines on this red sox/yankees rivalry until the time when i went to college in new hampshire... red sox fans tend to show a lot more venom towards the yankees and their fans than the other way around.

ya don't hear red sox suck chants at New York Super Bowl parades... (yes yes, i'm setting myself up for the "that's cause there are no new york super bowl parades" joke )

so to say that yankee fans don't care about beating the red sox is quite silly... they do. but they don't obsess about it the way many red sox fans do.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i beg to differ... as someone who was once completely on the sidelines on this red sox/yankees rivalry until the time when i went to college in new hampshire... red sox fans tend to show a lot more venom towards the yankees and their fans than the other way around.

ya don't hear red sox suck chants at New York Super Bowl parades.
I have to say that as a Red Sox fan, the whole Yankees suck chant really annoys the piss out of me. If the two teams are playing, then fine, but at a random game against Texas, the chant will break out. I've even heard it coming out of U2 show back in 2001. It's pretty sad.

The chant doesn't bother me as much as the whole stupid curse talk. Anyone who talks or talked about a curse should be punched in the nuts. No one ever talked about a damned curse until Mr. Shaughnessy decided to publish a book to put his kids through college. End rant.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #38
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

I have to say that as a Red Sox fan, the whole Yankees suck chant really annoys the piss out of me. If the two teams are playing, then fine, but at a random game against Texas, the chant will break out. I've even heard it coming out of U2 show back in 2001. It's pretty sad.

The chant doesn't bother me as much as the whole stupid curse talk. Anyone who talks or talked about a curse should be punched in the nuts. No one ever talked about a damned curse until Mr. Shaughnessy decided to publish a book to put his kids through college. End rant.
the yankees suck chant is my best proof... you don't hear "red sox suck" chants at random new york events. heck, ya don't even hear it at yankee/red sox games. you'll hear a "yankees suck" chant at a middle school dance recital in mid january.

i will say that you will hear "rangers suck" chants at islander games when they aren't even playing the rangers... which is equally as sad and pathetic, but i don't care about because hockey is a communist sport.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the yankees suck chant is my best proof... you don't hear "red sox suck" chants at random new york events. heck, ya don't even hear it at yankee/red sox games. you'll hear a "yankees suck" chant at a middle school dance recital in mid january.
I heard a big yankees suck chant at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. The Sox were up there for interleague play versus the Spos.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I went to Yankees/Red Sox at The Stadium back in Sept 2005 and they was no anti Red Sox apparel available unless you bought a bootleg "Boston Sucks" shirt for 10 bucks outside The Stadium. So quit being in denial and admit that BoSox fans hate the Yanks more than Yankee fans hate the BoSox. And what's there not to hate, right? After all, since 1918 it's: Evil Empire 26. Boston Red Sox, 1.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Don't think that Yankee fans are holier than though, afterall why would this tshirt have been made if there wasn't a good deal of hatred:

Old 12-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dude, weren't the 2004 BoSox referred to as the "idiots" by then Red Sock, Johnny Damon?
I've never thought of Yankee fans as holier than thou. They don't call it the Bronx cheer for nothing.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Dude, weren't the 2004 BoSox referred to as the "idiots" by then Red Sock, Johnny Damon?
I've never thought of Yankee fans as holier than thou. They don't call it the Bronx cheer for nothing.
I'm well aware of what the Red Sox were called. I posted the picture of the shirt because you stated you didn't see any anti Red Sox apparel. Why would MLB produce this shirt if fans didn't eat it up? Yankee fans may not be at the level of sox fans when it comes to hatred, but it's not far off.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I went to Yankees/Red Sox at The Stadium back in Sept 2005 and they was no anti Red Sox apparel available unless you bought a bootleg "Boston Sucks" shirt for 10 bucks outside The Stadium. So quit being in denial and admit that BoSox fans hate the Yanks more than Yankee fans hate the BoSox. And what's there not to hate, right? After all, since 1918 it's: Evil Empire 26. Boston Red Sox, 1.
(Insert comment about 6-year-old Yankees fan here)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #45
War Child

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Do I need to take a picture of my 'A-rod drinks wine coolers' T-shirt?