Let's Get Down To Business: Who Was The Bigger Loss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
kurdt cobain
or
michael hutchence

and why?

i am so so soooo curious as to what all of you think. really. i am.

Last edited:
no, seriously.

heads and i have been having this argument since about january.

who was the bigger loss?

we mean musically.

i think.

yes.

who.

HeadsOnSticks said:
oh booooooo! enough with all this pc bullshit.
you can do much better than that dear sir.

It has nothing to do with pc.

Rating someone's death or loss is imparting value on their life. It's more an issue of respect than anything. That's my feeling at least.

But if you must know...

Liberace.

It's hard to say ...

INXS was around for almost 20 years before Michael died. Michael by that time had really established himself as one of the great songwriters.

Kurt Cobain killed himself only about three or four years after Nirvana's first "real" success (the release of Nevermind). What was released was very good. But, I don't think he was around long enough to say whether or not he was a consistently good songrwiter over time.

So ... I guess I would say Kurt because we'll never know how truly good a songwriter he could have been.

Here's an even tougher question ... who was the bigger loss, Kurt Cobain or Jeff Buckley?

What a stupid question. What's the point anyway? That's my question to you.

Similar questions of this caliber:

-Who has the biggest P*nis in U2: Bono or the Edge?

-Who would you rather "do", the dead corpse of JFK or JFK Jr.?

Stupid question.

They both had families and children. They were both a big loss to their loved ones and their deaths broke many hearts.

tackleberry said:
-Who has the biggest P*nis in U2: Bono or the Edge?

-Who would you rather "do", the dead corpse of JFK or JFK Jr.?

Hey, hey.

One thread at a time.

:up:

If you must know... 1) tie after the second ballot 2) one was the president. What can I say, I'm an easily charmed intern.

ok tackleberry, settle down.

it was like this. one day i said to heads, who do you suppose was the bigger loss.

and he said, hmmmmm.

*edited to say, thank you, jessica. :up:

Last edited:
SOME of you people need to answer the question from a MUSICAL STANDPOINT and NOT from the surviving family's standpoint. This is Bang & Clatter. Not Oprah. actually, you know what? someone please lock this thread. this isn't turning out like i envisioned anyway. :down:

I agree that it is a safe assumption that when a thread is posted in Bang & Clatter it's posted to discuss music

seems this thread has indeed had its day
alas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom