Let's all meet up in the year 2000...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i never really got super into them,
although i did get my hands on 'this is hardcore' and i still come back to it frequently. there's a lot of david bowie influence on there, that sultry urban british take on soul.
and i absolute love that song 'like a friend', it's stunning:ohmy:

oh yes, william shatner's reading of 'common people' is beyond brilliant...

Disco 2000 is poptacular.
That's the song of my childhood. They're awesome - I have nothing but fond memories of Jarvis' antics (Brit Awards, anyone?).

I just have their "Hits" album, great brit pop tunes in there

:heart: Disco 2000

My current favourite Pulp song is probably 'Like A Friend' from the 'Great Expectations' soundtrack - I think it's also a B-side somewhere.

And of course 'Common People' is probably the best individual song written during the Britpop era.

Pulp are great.
His n' Hers and Different Class are amongst my favourite albums.

I particularly love Do You Remember the First Time, Common People and Sorted for E's and Wizz -
"Is this the way they say the futures meant to feel,
Or just 20,000 people standing in a field " - brilliant opening lines:wink:

I :heart: Pulp.

Tilli said:

I particularly love Do You Remember the First Time, Common People and Sorted for E's and Wizz -
"Is this the way they say the futures meant to feel,
Or just 20,000 people standing in a field " - brilliant opening lines:wink:

I gotta love this line too:

"Mother, I can never come home again ’cause i seem to have left an important part of my brain somewhere, somewhere in a field in Hampshire’."

probably because I come from Hampshire and I've never heard it mentioned in a song before! :D

I saw Pulp here in adelaide, would be about 5 years ago now i guess, maybe not that long, can't quite remember, but i think it was the tour for This is Hardcore. Was a really good show - Jarvis has a pretty cool stage presence. From what i remember Common People and Disco 2000 were the highlights of the show.
:dancing: :dancing:

Jarvis Cocker has got to be one of the best frontmen of the 90s :heart:

*Adds Pulp's Best of to Must Buy Albums list*

Legendary band Sorted for E's and Whizz is absolute genius. Just thought I'd add a very meaningful contribution.
Yeah Pulp.

His' n' Hers, Different Class and This is Hardcore have been released in deluxe editionsm each with an extra disc of b-sides and rarities. :drool:

I didn't hear "Common People" until about 2 years ago, and I couldn't believe I'd lived without hearing it for that long.

Anybody give a shit about the new Jarvis stuff? I can't say that I'm excited, but I'm definitely curious to see where he'll go after the abortion which was side two of We Love Life.

Back
Top Bottom