Let the Mystery be... describe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^:hmm: not sure exactly which classes, but hopefully a full load, because i am cheap and would rather have my poor school pay for part of my college than me paying for it

large_flag_of_canada.gif

:D

i'm back

^^hi tre :wave:

^i think i would pretty much be getting gen eds out of the way, i'd like to go into political science, but my dad keeps telling me that it's a worthless degree

lots of degrees are worthless :shifty:

most people don't end up working in the field their degree is in.

Business is a really good degree I wish I'd done that one you can do about anything with it. The guys in that major though :tsk:

^^yeah, he just keeps saying, you don't need to go to madison (i'd like to go to UW-Madison for college) if all you're going to do is get a political science degree, it's mostly because his sister got her degree in that, but then CHOSE not to do anything with it, i think it's more of a choice whether you pursue a job in your field rather than it being a "worthless" degree

^hey love_u2_adam

^^i would assume that most of the bigger sports would be on regular nbc, while the more obscure ones would be on their other networks

Hi love_u2 :wave:

oneblood
if you know what you want to do in regards to that field then you should go for it. Show him you have a plan maybe even find someone already in that field to mentor you so he knows you're serious.

eta: i didn't do any of those things :shifty:

^i told him that i was going to get a journalism minor as a fall back and he was all like "no, you should get poly sci as a minor and get a real degree", i really love politics and public service, so for me, i think that a poly sci degree would be best for me :shrug:

redkat said:
Hi love_u2 :wave:

oneblood
if you know what you want to do in regards to that field then you should go for it. Show him you have a plan maybe even find someone already in that field to mentor you so he knows you're serious.

eta: i didn't do any of those things :shifty:

:yes: In my area of study, it's really hard to get a job with just a BA, but I've got a line on a really good one. You just have to be resourceful, utilize your profs, who are likely to know of career opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom