Let me ask you all a question......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Okay..........

say you saw up ahead of you, coming toward you, a boy with a stolen item (maybe not so visible), but then a security man chasing after him, maybe screaming 'Stop!' or 'Stop him!' (which I would doubt theyd do anyhow)

well..........question is:

a) Would you stand back and let him run by?

or

b) help, by tacklin him/or her
biggrin.gif
, with tripping them up, then maybe try and keep them on the ground......

I question myself with this....and while one part would say, 'stay back, the person might plunge a knife at you'......another part would so want to do this, if this ever arose.........but would YOU be in trouble if he was badly injured or broken nose, etc???????

????????????????????????????????????

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-26-2002).]

Hrmm... Excellent question Mad Woman!!
wink.gif

I worked in retail for 3 years at a music store - and was unfortunately, very used to dealing with shoplifters. As a girl of slight stature, I did not do any tackling - but I did run after him/her yelling to make sure everyone around knew he/she was a shoplifter - so that someone of a larger, stronger build could do the tackling.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Unless it's your job to stop that person from shoplifting, don't do anything physical. Shouting that the person is stealing something could help. Otherwise, stay out of harm's way.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Be careful!

I realize it's in our nature to want to help, but in many instances the smart thing to do is to not interfere. I've heard legal stories of people helping those being mugged on Subways, only to be slapped with lawsuits because the mugger was injured!

Also, who is to say the person being chased isn't the victim? What if the chaser wants someone to stop the chasee and is using this as a tactic to catch up to them?

I'm certainly not suggesting we shouldn't help, but to be extremely careful. It could bite you in the a**.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Go to step out of the way - stick foot out at the last minute - then LMAO!

stick foot out at the last minute
and trip the security man! Right?

fight the system

Back
Top Bottom