Let me ask u all a question about some 'a today's movies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
in all honesty, I wish a lot of todays films were like the old classics...............where today has full sex scenes shown, there was something lovely and more innocent in yesterdays classics with the 'passionate kiss' only...ya know? Even the characters in those films had more intensity and passion and feeling between them............a huge chemistry.

of course, not everyone here is goin to agree with me, esp not the lads who prob prefer todays present movies of topless garls kissin and stuff!!!!!! :mac: :D :rolleyes:

But is there anyone who, like me, is a bit sick and tired of all these 'American Pie' type movies, where 'ever-y-thang' is just out there? I dont mind some of its humour, but sometimes I tink those movies have tired themselves out, they've gone so far.......theres nothing left!
When I watched American Pie 2 I was like :tsk: at scenes like the two girls topless kissin and men talkin about the bananas and like, ya know....who needs to hear all that? :down: Unfort in todays society it fits for the kids.......because we are so open about it......but unfort it shatters the innocence.............

films like Chocolat, Far and Away, Moulin Rouge, and loads others, have kissing scenes but nothing ever further, because the whole story around them is the main character.............I love films like this, .............

Innocent films rule....I have stopped watchin some movies like AP.............ok ok so there may not be many out there.........but I truly think its too much for today's kids who watch ............... how many of u out there have teens who watch these movies? And, are u happy enough? Do u laugh with them? Or what is your view?

BRING BACK THE INNOCENT FILMS!!!!! Bring back the good old classics.........:D

*Maddie prepares to be slapped by big tools*
:D

Last edited:
Not all teenagers have awful taste in movies *coughmecough*

I like Moulin Rouge and ooooh Anne of Green Gables love those wee films and my favourite film woudl have to be Dead poets society its so sad :( and untamed heart....and i loike this other Robin Williams one i tink its called Crazy Ppl or sumting?

I love American Beauty but it was very weird

And AP sucked it wasnt funny oh but i love Austin Powers he cracks me up

I don't really like movies like American Pie etc where the whole point of the movie seems to be to have as many sex scenes or jokes about sex as possible. It's just boring.

But I don't mind movies where there are sex scenes or people wearing *ahem* not many clothes because it's part of the story. It's not just there because the director wanted a sexy scene, but because it helps the audience understand the characters better, or whatever. It's not...gratuitous...there's my big word for the day ;-)

And I LLOVED Moulin Rouge!

I am not a teen and I don't mind those types of movies. I think it is all what you are in the mood for. I watch AMC all the time to. I don't know if I am just desensitized or if it is just not some think I think about.

American Movie Classics or Channel I can't remember. There is also TMC Turner Movie Classics.

We used to get TCM together with the Cartoon Network (the Cartoons would start at six in the morning up to nine at night and then Turner took over) but now it's 24 hours cartoons. The last few films I saw were Panic Room, Ep II, and a Korean film called My Sassy Girl. I enjoyed all for different reasons.

I dunno... I enjoy the AP movies because it reminds me of high school and how much I miss it. I think those movies speak to many teenagers where they are, and speak to the free-loving all-partying teens that I used to know. For me, it's nostalgia, and I own both of them on DVD. :mac:

I'm not into romance movies, and would rather most sex scenes get cut out if they're just there to draw a certain demographic in. You know, I read that most movies feature "romance" scenes and "love" scenes mainly for the female audience? I can kinda see that, though. Odd. :ohmy:

Anywho. Good morning everybody. :)

The AP movies cater to the lowest common denominator. Ick. Not amusing in the least. And maybe I was sheltered, but my high school years were nothing like that, thank god. :barf:

Some of my favorite movies happen to be a lot of the old classics...you know...those movies where actors had to (gasp) ACT! omg! and there was a script! And people had dialogue that made you have to follow it! All very shocking. :p

btw, everyone should check out this great old B&W film called The Philadelphia Story starring Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn. It's class act. :up: :up:

Yay for Cary Grant!

sulawesigirl4 said:

btw, everyone should check out this great old B&W film called The Philadelphia Story starring Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn. It's class act. :up: :up:

I :heart: that movie.

I agree Maddie-and I've never seen either American Pie, and I have no intention of doing so. Not to put down anyone who likes them/finds them funny. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own taste.

What about From Here To Eternity? That beach scene has to be one of the sexiest, most romantic scenes of all time, and it's so tastefully done.

I cringe at some of the scenes in movies now-it makes me uncomfortable in the theater. What is left to the imagination is far more erotic than this graphic stuff.

Gina Marie said:

What about From Here To Eternity? That beach scene has to be one of the sexiest, most romantic scenes of all time, and it's so tastefully done.

I

Can u believe I have NEVER seen that movie, as of yet Gina????? :)

I used to love Hitchcock films, and Marilyn Monroe films............I loved the way classics like 'Some Like It Hot' had genuine humour in it.............

The classics - ya just cant beat 'em!!!!!!!!

You should rent it Maddie. This scene must have been considered pretty risque at the time though.

:heart: :heart: *sigh*

fromhere.jpg

Maddie pictures this as her and Jimmy ;) ;) :D

I love AP! I watched AP with my dad though...that was...awkward at times...*lol* I didn't watch AP 2 with him, that's for sure...that was even raunchier! *lol* :D

I think they are funny though...make me miss my high school friendships.

However, my favorite movie is The Poseidon Adventure.

Back
Top Bottom