Let It Be or Hey Jude?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey judehey judeheyjude hey jude......

just the sound of it makes it better? than let it be

the video......all the little 'mistakes' left in (lennons fuck'n'ell)...the feeling that the Beatles could do no wrong and had taken over the world......

(stop me stop me!)

:drool:

I prefer Let It Be by miles...
I like Hey Jude but it rapidly gets very, very annoying. Still, it must prove good value for money at your local pub's jukebox if nothing else.

And at least neither song matches the extreme irritation caused by The Long and Winding Road.

IWasBored said:

the advantage to avoiding the radio is that you never hear either of them.
Yeah, who listens to the radio anymore?

In an era where you have an internet's worth of music, custom playlists, hell, even mix CDs.....I'll take my own collection over having Clear Channel's massive cock down my throat for several hours a day.

Let It Be. I think Hey Jude is a tiny bit overrated and I guess I'm in the minority but I don't like the *first* 3 or so minutes of it. Whereas Let it Be is a classic to me no matter how many times it's played. Never fails to make me feel better, it's such a universal song. I almost feel like it couldn't be overrated, but that's just my opinion.

UberBeaver said:
Let it Be. I find Hey Jude kinda goofy; in fact, the only part I like is the NANANAs and the "judy judy judy judy judy" part.

what about the "OW, WHAPOW" part :shrug::wink:

if the world is going down , if everything is fucked up , and life is hell
there is always Let It Be
ultimate song of hope and bright light
hey jude is a commercial

WinnieThePoo said:
if the world is going down , if everything is fucked up , and life is hell
there is always Let It Be
ultimate song of hope and bright light
hey jude is a commercial
Shit, that's a pretty good one, actually :drool:

I was a little harsh on the songs earlier...I regret the "elevator music" comment. Both are very good, but more like anthems to me, and maybe a bit sugary for my taste. However, I do think they could have used a heavy dose of John on the vocals. I guess I'm more of a Lennon appreciator...he gets my seal of approval as the best Beatle. :shifty:

I find Let It Be incredibly boring :crack: esp. cos it's so damn overplayed on the radio all the freakin' time! :mad: :banghead:

I'll take Hey Jude instead, despite the never ending outro.

Neither will ever end up even in a 3 disc Best Of, though.

Back
Top Bottom