'Let Down' doesn't let me down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A continuation to my "Okaayyy Computer" thread...but Let Down is fast becoming one of those songs that hits me as hard as a U2 song!
eek.gif
Especially in combination with Exit Music. Something about the quiet, comtemplative building into the soaring melody of "chemical reaction...hysterically useless..." combined with whatever it is about Thom Yorke's voice that I can't get enough of. lol. I am babbling. Anyways, I'm happy.
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

good to hear you're happy

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yep, just as I was trying to tell you a month ago. Also, I think you should d/l Unison from Bjork's Vespertine and probably Pagan Poetry too while you're at it.

Originally posted by qball7200:
Yep, just as I was trying to tell you a month ago. Also, I think you should d/l Unison from Bjork's Vespertine and probably Pagan Poetry too while you're at it.

You told me that? (must go reread original thread. lol) btw, where would I find the afore-mentioned songs? I don't have any file-swapping programs and the only place I can d/l stuff is at work.

-sula

sula, I tell you whats up there with the Exit/Let Down combo....Climbing Up The Walls/No Suprises..I spent countless hours and hours with the lights off enduring the finale of CULW and then finding a song like No Suprises light relief
biggrin.gif
afterwards..beatifully merged together

glad you are enjoying it..have you got The Bends yet?

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 01-07-2002).]

Let Down, for me, was the only Radiohead song that ever lent any credence to all those early U2 comparisons.

Sort of a Joshua-Tree-in-an-airport vibe, really.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

let is an amazing song. as is all radiohead music. although i'm not too big a fan of the tourist.

i have a great live version from nyc, not sure of the date. they never played any time that i saw them. it is a great song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom