Leonard Cohen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Specifically the album 'I'm Your Man'.

Are there any B-sides/alternate releases out there of any of the songs from this record? There are some amazing songs on the album, and they're all ruined by the production.

Maybe I should just wait for the film soundtrack for the film this summer.

Did anyone see the I'm Your Man film documentary this summer? It was funny to see Bono, even Edge, laying it on so thick, though the praises were richly deserved. I just wished we had seen more Leonard in the movie. The greatest songwriter/music wordsmith of all time should have had the chance to tell more of his story...either in song or conversation. Though his voice is not great, no other voice can carry his songs, nor lend the necessary weight of his words, the way his can.

Here's a question for all you L. Cohen fans: what is his best album?

I think I'll buy Songs of Love and Hate next. I just wish the Essential Leonard Cohen compilation had 'Joan of Arc'. Why is it these compilations always miss one essential song? Must be a deal made by the record company so people still buy the albums.

By the way, Candiens1160, I don't know about any B-sides, but if you're looking for another great album of the same era, why not give Various Positions a try? It's Leonard's favourite album, and has some amazing songs. It's a more intimate record than I'm Your Man ... 'Night Comes On' is one of my favourites. Takes me back to the winters of my youth....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom