Leno or O'Brien?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CONAN O' BRIEN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

I love Conan whereas I hate Jay "unfunny/unintelligent" Leno.

tpsreports2424 said:
Who's more entertaining?:sexywink:
Leno's stand up kicks butt, but Conan OBrien's interviewing skills are less working class-appeal, lowest common denominator mediocrity that Jay has been doing, and more exciting. Even if Conan has a crappy guest, he makes it entertaining, whereas I've had to suffer through many Jay interviews with the cast of Beverly Hills 90210 or some zoo person with animals.

However, both guys act a little too fake in front of the camera. There's something to be said for the naturalness of Craig Ferguson.

Last edited:
This is the first Conan related thread I could find. How bizarre

NEW YORK (AP) -- A priest has been arrested on charges of stalking late-night talk show host Conan O'Brien by writing him threatening notes on parish letterhead, contacting his parents and showing up at his studio, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The Rev. David Ajemian, a priest in the Archdiocese of Boston, was arrested last week while trying to enter a taping session of NBC's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" at New York's Rockefeller Plaza, said Barbara Thompson, a spokeswoman for the Manhattan prosecutor's office.

Ajemian referred to himself as "your priest stalker" in one note and complained of not being allowed in to see an earlier taping of the O'Brien show, court papers say.

"Is this the way you treat your most dangerous fans?" the note said.

The letters and e-mails, which started coming in September 2006, continued even after Ajemian was asked to stop and were "intended to cause annoyance and alarm," Thompson said.

"I want a public confession before I ever consider giving you absolution -- or a spot on your couch," wrote Ajemian, who signed the notes "Padre," Thompson said.

Ajemian also has been in contact with O'Brien's parents, Thompson said.

A telephone message left Wednesday night at St. Mary-St. Catherine of Siena Church in Boston, which Ajemian gave as his address, was not immediately returned.

O'Brien is not commenting, an NBC spokesman said.

The Boston Archdiocese said in a statement that Ajemian had been placed on leave and was no longer allowed to minister publicly. O'Brien has participated in fundraising activities for the archdiocese.

The priest and the late-night host may have attended Harvard University at the same time. O'Brien graduated in 1985, and Ajemian graduated from high school in 1979 before attending the Ivy League school, according to an alumni magazine published by his high school.

The priest could face up to a year in prison if convicted of aggravated harassment and stalking.

Leno has a better stand up, but he's disturbingly nationalistic with all that French-bashing in the lead-up to the Iraq War, while Conan is more intelligent and does better interviews. Still, Leno seems a caring guy and Conan seems a bit of a control freak. I've gotten tired of both their antics; Leno behaved differently on stage before Letterman moved to CBS as competition and was more soft-spoken and subtle. Conan tires me with his phoney self-effaciveness. Still, Conan gets my vote.

I think the most down to earth interviewer is Craig Ferguson, though.

Edit: I guess I said this pretty much a few posts up; I'd forgotten about that; at least I'm consistent! :)

Stewart > Conan > Colbert > Letterman > Leno > Kimmel > Ferguson

Can't wait till Conan comes on an hour earlier :up:

"Keep cool my babies!" :lol:

Conan definately!!!!

Conan is a comic genius. Leno is the most unwitty, unfunny stand up and interviewer ever. Conan asks intelligent questions and his skits have great satire and irony. Leno is just immature and stupid and he asks little boys and girls who come on the show about their sex lives [or lack there of] like a peadophile.

I really lost respect for both when they shut down after the writers' strike. I always thought a good comic could come up with his own material, or at least improvise. If they're nothing without a script, they're just actors.

The biggest variable is how castrated Conan's comedy will be when he's bumped up an hour. Plus he has to move to LA where they are currently building(remodelling?) the TV studio that will house CO's Tonight Show.

Letterman was much funnier when he had Conan's NBC slot and then he had to behave himself a lot more when he moved to his current CBS slot.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom