Lenny Kravitz - "It is Time for a Love Revolution"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I can't say I like everything this guy does, but the songs off his new one sound kind of cool. I like "Bring it On." Very Zeppelin. And I'm sure "I'll be Waiting" will be another hit. They sound better than some of his other stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/lennykravitz

Anyone heard any other songs from it?

Hopefully the album isn't as shit as Baptism. He's really gone downhill over the years, I used to love him.

Agreed. That's the only album of his I own, although I'm somewhat familiar with his other stuff. I like his older stuff, which "Love Revolution" sounds like, to me at least.

The tracks I liked on "Baptism" are "Where are We Runnin?" and "Baptized."

I like Lenny, but I'm totally unimpressed by these two new songs. Bring it On seems like a Zeppelin's Black Dog rip off. ("I'm gonna..." vs "Hey hey mama..." verses)

lazarus said:
Loved Mama Said and Are You Gonna Go My Way? After that, not so much.

Ditto this. His cover of American Woman and everything else he put out after that makes me want to rip my ears out of my head.

The Zeppelin-wannabe American Woman is an awful song to begin with, but his version certainly didn't help matters.

I didn't know he had enough time between VH-1 fashion awards shows to keep making albums.

Kravitz is a corporate whore who ceased to matter when his image became more important than the music--namely after the first few albums.

Cody Chesnutt FTW.

Dorian Gray said:
jesus, you guys are unforgiving.

If I like anything he puts out going forward, I'll be forgiving. If he keeps putting stuff out that I find unlistenable, then Lenny and I are still on the outs.

And I've come to terms with that. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom